My weight loss journey one year later : )

TakeOne
TakeOne Posts: 345 Member
edited September 25 in Success Stories
Today is my one year anniversary of living a healthy lifestyle!! A year ago today I made the decision to do more than just think about it or say I was going to do something….I actually DID something. I began a journey I always knew I could take, but never had the courage to actually start.

Background: I was never thin or overweight in HS. Just what I considered average (134lbs at 5’4). Then I went to college, found the “love of my life,” and dropped 10lbs (so much for the freshman 15??). I felt great and was at a size 6. Flash forward a few years and I was in what I hope will be the worst years of my life. I was in a verbally abusive relationship and making the decision to get out. I didn’t really ever use a scale at that time, but I know I was upwards of 150lbs. It was an extremely difficult time. I felt terrible and was barely fitting into my size 12s. BUT I overcame that situation with support from my friends, my parents, and my Lord. I am such a stronger person today b/c of it!

I had already gotten down to 136lbs and a size 8/10 on my own and was sort of stuck there. Then in March 2010, I decided I really wanted to make a change and I committed to it. I did really well on WW and lost 16lbs. in less than 3 months. My original goal was to get to 125lbs. and maintain. Well WW was too expensive and I had heard such great things that I switch over to MFP in July 2010. I’ve been a HUGE fan of this cite ever since! :flowerforyou:

Ultimately, I let my body decide what was right for me. I lowered my maintenance goal to 115lbs. and have been maintaining at that goal since September 2010 (6 months or so now). Today I weigh 110lbs. (which is still inside my maintenance goal). Last time I got up to 115lbs was during the holidays; but I have learned that to sustain a goal, you have to allow some room for flexibility.

So here are my stats from 3/21/2010: (by the way I am 5’4 and have a smaller frame)
Weight: 136, Arms: 11.5, Hips: 39, Thighs: 23, Waist 29, and a size 8/10 pant.

Here are my stats today 3/26/2011, a year later:
Weight: 110, Arms: 9.5, Hips: 35, Thighs: 19.5, Waist 24.25, and a size 0/2 pant.

In total I lost 26lbs and almost 19 inches!! And have stayed in range of my current maintenance goal for half a year!!! :bigsmile: Thanks for taking a moment to read my story :smile:

Replies

• missbeezy
    missbeezy Posts: 198
    That is awesome! 26 lbs and 19 inches gone! So amazing. Congrats
  • kthom
    kthom Posts: 175
    Good job! Maintaining is the hardest part.
  • QueenofCups
    QueenofCups Posts: 365 Member
    Wow, what a great story. Congrats to you for making a commitment and sticking with it!
    So funny to hear the difference in body types. I am a large frame at 5'4" and my stats now are your beginning stats. I am a 28.5"waist, 38/39"hips size 8 pants @ 150lbs.
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    :) That is awesome! Thanks for sharing your story. :)
  • scotty_81
    scotty_81 Posts: 59
    I think maintenance is harder than weight loss sometimes! Well done you. What a fantastic journey.
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!