Any LOW Calories Alcoholic drinks?

Options
I'm going out tonight with my friends and I was wondering if there was any low calorie drinks I could get my friends don't seem to understand that i'm on a diet and I can't go and get trashed with them so I'm only gonna have a couple

Any ideas?

Replies

• diviana
    diviana Posts: 53
    Options
    Applebee's has "skinny margaritas", which are decent. I have to add a packet of Splenda or Equal to it. They're around 100 calories, I think.
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    Stay away from fruity mixed drinks. If you like rum, you could mix it with diet soda. Light beer is always a good choice and I tend to drink less if I have beer b/c for me it is so filling. Have a great time!!
  • sarahjj1
    sarahjj1 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    My husband drinks vodka and diet tonic with lime. I think it may be 0 calories.
  • c0dphysh
    c0dphysh Posts: 2
    Options
    Light beer typically still have over 100 cal. You can do 1.25 oz of Captain Morgan's Original Spiced Rum with Diet Coke and come in at about 75 cal per drink.
  • Rynatat
    Rynatat Posts: 807 Member
    Options
    Plain vodka with seltzer water & a shot of lemon or lime - around 70-80 calories (depending on the brand). Usually when I feel like drinking that's what I do - most people don't like it since vodka is bitter and that's why they add sugary drinks, but I'm used to it now (been drinking it for years this way).
    If you're OK with diet drinks (I prefer to stay away from them since the artificial sweeteners mess with my system), but you can have diet coke, coke zero, diet sprite or diet redbull mixed with vodka - still no calories, just double check sodium levels since that's what can get you.

Make sure for each drink you have, have at least 1/2 - 1 glass of water which help rehydrate what the alcohol dehydrates :wink:

Enjoy your nite out - I'm sure you deserve it :flowerforyou:
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately I can't drink any type of alcohol on my diet, it's been 10 weeks and counting. Not really missing it though, but when I was on different diets before I use to enjoy the occassional crown royal, diet coke, with a twist of lemon. I think it was around 60 calories. I also used to like bombay and tonic with a twist of lime.
  • McKayMachina
    McKayMachina Posts: 2,670 Member
    Options
    Screwdrivers! About 180 cals per one standard cocktail.
  • c0dphysh
    c0dphysh Posts: 2
    Options
    Most vodka is about 100 cal per 1.4 fl oz.
  • terriarn
    terriarn Posts: 2
    Options
    From a bar stick with a diet drink with your choice of liquor (rum, whiskey, vodka or tequila). Avoid flavored liquors and the tasty single shots. If you are going to a persons home you can make a Pina Colada. Danon pinapple/coconut yogurt - Malibu rum 1 oz - Crushed ice 1cup Just put this in the blender and only 131 calories. You may want to try a non flavored rum to see if that gives you any less calories but this only has 131 calories and 5 proteins. Not to bad.
  • saradise320
    Options
    If you like beer, the new Bud Select 55 (55 calories) is pretty good for diet beer. Mich Ultra still has 95 calories.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    According to http://caloriecount.about.com/calories-alcoholic-drinks-ic1401 there's 64 calories in 1 oz of gin, rum, vodka or whiskey. No alcoholic beverage is calorie free. :grumble:
  • erica2h
    erica2h Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    I know this isn't that low calorie, but you only need one!Long Island iced tea with diet coke.around 225 calories I think, but I have one then I'm usually drunk and have water after.I have also had the skinny marquarita, but I have them add crystal light lemonade or sprite zero to it so it has more taste!Enjoy your night out!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I like lemon drop shots and drink water inbetween...mmmm, grey goose, sugar on the rim and a bit of lemon...

I find while you can drink a large quantity of light beer, it's really bloating
  • dino1147
    dino1147 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    grey goose vodka or ketel 1 with club soda - 62 calories, add a lemon or lime or both
    MGD 64 - 64 calories
    Guinness Draught - 126 calories (bottle)

Luck!
  • LittleVikki
    LittleVikki Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thank you this has really helped got a lot of choices now!

I like vodka, so I'm thinking about going with vodka and diet soda.

Nothing worse than having to eat/drink out it's very hard to count calories.
  • sarahc001
    sarahc001 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Calories vary by proof for alcohol; for vodka, the range for 1.5 oz can be as low as 97 calories for 80 proof to 124 for 100 proof (from caloriesinvodka.net.) Best bet is white wine (about 24 calories per oz.) Red is 25/oz. White wine and soda water may be too bland, but when the weather warms up, it's pretty refreshing. Red wine is purported to have additional health benefits as well...just a thought. Just take a measurement at home to get an idea of how much a certain amount of wine looks like in various glasses, so you have a somewhat accurate tally of how many calories you are drinking. And bear in mind that when you drink, it is easier to give in to eating more (at least for me)!

Also, drinksmixer.com allows you to search by alcohol type. It then gives you a brand list. If you click on a specific brand, it gives nutritional info.
  • mufiey
    mufiey Posts: 38
    Options
    Tequila has 69 Cal an oz i usually do a shot and drink water between
  • scatmaster
    Options
    I drink vodka or tequila in lemon lime crystal light.

69 calories in the vodka and 67 I believe in the sauza golden tequila per ounce.
  • davish28
    davish28 Posts: 34
    Options
    vanilla or cherry vodka and diet coke or any flavored vodka and diet sprite
  • scatmaster
    Options
    Tequila has 69 Cal an oz i usually do a shot and drink water between

I like your style