You Inspire

Options
I just started this past week. Site was recommended by niece who has lost 26.6 lbs so far on here! With her posts of exercises and her meal diary she inspires me to try harder than I was. I now watch what I eat when I go out to eat! I watch proportions. I find myself even checking my calories remaining to meet my goal in order to plan for the final meal! Tonight we want to go out to Red Lobster. I will be looking for fresh vegetables cooked responsibly and will take home leftovers rather than eat the whole thing. But all of the stories on here are inspirational. You have all taken the first step or maybe this is the second step, but you are wanting a better you and koo-dos to you all for doing something!! Good luck! I walked for 62 minutes on my treadmill at 3.7mph and 1.5 incline. I am going to go do another 15 minutes on a stationary bike and I hope that helps me get by with Red Lobster for dinner tonight!! Because, unfortunately, I LOVE food.

Replies

• jmlitton33
    jmlitton33 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    there's nothing wrong with loving food, it's just loving the right food and knowing how to limit yourself and also treat yourself! this site is great, and the people on here are fantastic for support. great to know you have help and support! good luck to you and your niece!
  • lisapickering
    Options
    I love food too! The great thing about this site is that it makes you think. You don't have give up your love of food, you just need to be more aware of portion sizes and if you are going out figure out how to burn those calories! I still eat alot (not all) of foods that I love and am succesful!
  • karina85g
    karina85g Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Welcome! i love counting calories and knowing what im putting in my body, it def works!
  • lmclaine
    lmclaine Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Agree 100% with lisap. I still eat most of the same foods (although not fast food anymore) but try to watch portions and exercise so I can eat more and not starve myself. I'm pretty sure I was eating and drinking at least 2,000-2,500 calories on a regular basis without thinking about it but now I document EVERYTHING and it really makes me aware of it. Now if I go over 1,500 net calories/day, I feel awful. I will never stop loving food and I'm never going to be a twig and berry granola lover but this site has really helped me!
  • karenmariefl
    Options
    Hi Aunt! What an awesome post! I think it's all about community. My friend inspired me to begin and it is now continuing. I know I'm better in a group than on my own. This helps me in the times I'm not feeling it. The good news is you have a lot less to lose than I do! Now I know you are watching It will help me do even better! See, it all comes full circle!