Not Seeing Results

Options
It's frustrating. I'm sticking to a 1200 cal diet and normally have 500 left over after exercise. Eating whole wheat grain for breakfast, cottage cheese for snacks, salads, etc. and fruit. Not seeing more than 3.5 pounds lost in a month. Started at 141 and am 5'4. Want to get to 125 or 130 which seems like a realistic goal.

Replies

• amandakoorime
    Options
    Sometimes your body gets too used to a certain routine and will seem to stall or slow down. Try changing something like adding an extra exercise or changing to a different style snack. Just switch it up every now and then. That may help.
  • lisapickering
    Options
    You might want to try eating more. If you're only eating 1200 and your exercising then your net calories are too low. Your body needs fuel = eating back exercise calories.

I think losing 3.5 lbs in a month at your weight is realistic. You are not overweight so your not going to lose much more than one lb per week.
  • bekihughes
    Options
    Change your foods and your workouts. You will see results! The slower your body loses weight the harder it is to put back on!
  • MSlaught
    MSlaught Posts: 16
    Options
    Thanks so much for the replies. I know it's all a step in the right direction but when you see people say they lose a lot of weight it gets frustrating. Thanks ladies!
  • yummymummy50
    Options
    I was in the same boat myself - started January - 1200 cals, a bodypump class and a pilates class every week plus at least 1 workout at home. In 10 weeks I had lost 5lbs. I was convinced I had lost more and became a bit fed up. But I spoke to a friend who is a personal trainer and she explained that I wasn't eating enough on the days I exercise so I've remedied that and am not so focussed on what I eat on those days. Won't be weighing myself for another 4 weeks though and just tell myself that any loss must be better than no loss or an increase! Don't give up. I know it's a little disheartening but even half a pound a week gets you closer to your goal. Best of luck!
  • Dreamerlove
    Dreamerlove Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    That is great results!!! You must be an over achiever! Healthy weight loss (to not gain it back) is 1 to 2 pounds per week. All of my goals are biased on losing 1 pound a week, that means you are .5 pounds of a perfect month. People who are losing 7 pounds a week are working out 8 hours a day..that is very unrealistic. You are doing great don't worry, I started out @ 150.5 dec 1st now I am 137.
  • yummymummy50
    Options
    That is great results!!! You must be an over achiever! Healthy weight loss (to not gain it back) is 1 to 2 pounds per week. All of my goals are biased on losing 1 pound a week, that means you are .5 pounds of a perfect month. People who are losing 7 pounds a week are working out 8 hours a day..that is very unrealistic. You are doing great don't worry, I started out @ 150.5 dec 1st now I am 137.

That's really good advice. And makes me feel better too! Thank you!
  • MSlaught
    Options
    I appreciate all the advice. I went to a website to figure how many calories I need in a day and this is what it reported:

Height: 5 feet, 5 inches
    Weight: 137.5 pounds
    Activity Level: Moderate Exercise (Exercise 3-5x/wk)
    Calories burned per day: 2134

So would I see more results if my target calorie intake was 1123 per day after exercise and meals? That would be a negative of 1000 calories a day. Maybe I'm not eating enough? Thanks ladies!
  • MSlaught
    Options
    5689918.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods