I can't eat enough!

Options
does anyone else have this problem? I just can't seem to let go and eat more without going crazy. before joining here I was on another site and seemed to be eating between 500-1000kcal a day I know its not enough but j seenm to feel guilty if I eat more like yesterday. how do you all do it?

Replies

• ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    eat high cal healthy snacks,like a cup of milk or yogurt,or handful of almonds. Some fruit is a little higher in cals too ( ex a banana is about 105 calories) or an apple with peanut butter.
    Trying adding an extra serving of veggies to your meals.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have this problem...which is why I need this site! LOL

Alot of people say this so I would suggest finding foods that are still good for your but have higher calorie content. Nuts, avocados, good fats, etc should help you feel full and get in some additional calories.

Search the boards for this topic, there are alot of other good suggestions out there.
  • suzooz
    suzooz Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Some days I have this issue, but then there are other days when I don't have enough calories left, and I'm "starving". My goal is to lose 1 pound / week, so I'm on the 1400 calorie / day plan.

What I do depends on the day -- if I only have a few calories to consume, I will eat a piece of fruit or have veggies to bring me up to the calorie level slightly without making me feel that I've overeaten. If I have alot to consume, then I try a heavy-calorie snack like nuts or peanut butter.

I also try to gage how I'm doing with my week overall -- I know that I consume more on some days than others, and I try to balance out. I just try to go with what your body is telling you.

And about your last diet that was so calorie restrictive -- have you thought about why you're not on it now? Was it working? So don't feel "guilty" for following that plan!
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have this problem...which is why I need this site! LOL

Stole my answer. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I've NEVER had an issue with no being able to eat all my calories.

But yes, try to high calorie dense foods like nuts or pasta (made with a protein source so you don't overeat). I like to have things that are higher in good fats mixed in with other healthy items to "bulk up" the calorie content a bit...avocados in salads or in my burritos, chicken baked with a little extra virgin olive oil, etc.
  • arosegeo
    arosegeo Posts: 254 Member
    Options
    try eating peanut butter if you needto make more calories
  • Moonpie10
    Options
    I have that problem. I don't know exactly how many calories I would intake during the day before hand, but I know I have never really eaten an whole lot. My friends have always made comments about how they didn't understand why I have weight problems when I don't eat a lot. Evidently it is because I don't eat enough. I have been told by some of my friends who are in the medical field, that the reason I have trouble losing the weight is because I don't eat enough. You body has to have the energy to burn fat....It is so strange to think that way, but I have started eating ore, and I already have so much more energy than I used to have.
  • blackdragonclare
    Options
    thanks for the advice I love peanut butter so that's a good idea. I'm still doing the restrictive diet that'show I've lost the weight I have I came on here on the asvice of someone on rye other site who said this was good. the other plan was very similar just I had problems not being obsessed with calories.
  • soysos
    soysos Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I have the same problum. I have found that trying to base my meals around grains rather than meat really healped. Try having a slice of bread every time you eat, that could easilly add 500 calories in a day.
  • bayles1
    bayles1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    Hi,

Why not add more friends and that way you get to check out their diaries.They can be very inspirational and provide you with lots of great tips and ideas.I have rediscovered so many foods that I used to love and had just simply forgotten about and of course your ideas can inspire others too.
    Good Luck and best wishes...:smile:
  • eveunderground
    eveunderground Posts: 236 Member
    Options
    I don't have this problem...I can easily eat my daily calories and more. Being overly restrictive is completely unnecessary and often leads to binge eating. Often people restrict their calories thinking it will speed up the weight loss process so that they can "get it over with"...but long term permanent weight loss doesn't work that way. A better approach is to work on developing eating habits that are sustainable for the long term. I'd suggest you figure out your daily calorie total, then divide that into 3-5 meals, and plan to eat every few hours. You're less likely to feel deprived and out of control since you'll know you have another meal coming up soon, and with this type of planning you will also always reach your daily calorie target.