Eating Out. Need help!!

Options
Hi everyone,

My family loves to go out for dinner/lunch and I don't know what to order. Any suggestions on restaurants or menu choices that can make this easier? I don't want to go totally bland, I really want to enjoy it, but sometimes it just seems like a waste. Eating a $10 salad that I can make at home for $4.

Thanks for all the help!

Replies

• ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Only places I allow myself to eat at are, Panda Express, Daphnes and Flame Broiler. At Panda Express, I get all steamed veggies in place of chow mein and rice and my sides are always String bean chicken. At Daphnes I get, Chicken kabobs and my sides are fire roasted veggies and salad. Flame broiler has bowls and I get their all white meat chicken with brown rice and steamed veggies.
    Hopefully some of these restaurants are in your area :smile:
  • abm231
    abm231 Posts: 3
    Options
    its all about moderation... I would just order grilled chicken.. or something a lil healthier.. and if you wanna eat out.. try not to make it all the time because it gets so tempting, but when you do make it like a treat to yourself, and if your at a restaurant you can ask them to just send half of the entree and box the other half... so your not eating the full meal.. the calories add up.. I am so bad with eating out, I just cut it out completely.. I am an all or nothing kinda of gal..
  • jessicakaty
    Options
    Most restaurant meals are around 1000-1500 cals! If you do, see if they have a calorie menu. If not, eat half and bag the rest if you're satisfied! :)
  • SevenisHeaven
    SevenisHeaven Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    Subway is my new "fast food" go to! Wheat or Flat bread. No "lunch meat". I do roasted chicken breast. LITE Mayo. EVOO. And any veggies you want. There is a GREAT calorie tracker for subway... http://www.eddieoneverything.com/nutrition_info/calculators/Subway_calorie-calculator