Help...motivation needed

Options
I need someone to tell me it's ok to go to the gym instead of clean. So much to do around the house I feel guilty leaving to do something for myself :/

Replies

• lsenour
    lsenour Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    and I really need some friends on MFP:)
  • cheangela
    cheangela Posts: 173
    Options
    We do 20 minute cardio cleaning every Saturday. Four 5 minute intervals of random chores done as fast as you can -- it doesn't really get done-done... but at least there is enough progress to justify heading down to the gym for awhile ;-).
  • Asomething
    Asomething Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    The house will always need to be cleaned! Go to the gym. You'll have more energy to clean later!!
  • tandroes
    tandroes Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    cleaning can be a workout!
  • zenfocus
    zenfocus Posts: 106 Member
    Options
    Hi!!! Did you know that you're actually burning calories while cleaning, too? If you're doing it quickly enough for an hour to an hour and a half it can actually equal a workout at the gym. I thought I'd share the good news with you. :)
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    Hahaha-sorry just this morning I was realizing my obsession with working out. My house is in shambles and we usually spend the weekend cleaning. So this morning I did a 2 mile jog and didn't feel it was enough so I took my jump rope out side and did 500 jumps. All the while talking to myself about how obsessed I am and how my house needs to be more important. Just go to the gym and then come home and clean. You will feel such a sense of accomplishment. I have so many excuses that could have kept me from working out today, but let them all fly out the window and did it anyway. Do it-you will be glad you did!!
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    Of course it's okay for you to go to the gym. Don't forget though that you can log cleaning as exercise.
  • debbieshep
    Options
    Hi! Try to balance things. Do some cleaning, mark down the time on your exercise spot on MFP and then go to the gym for awhile. Going to the gym will help motivate you to continue, plus it gets you around other people who are trying to "re-invent" themselves, people who are trying to make their bodies healthier. Do some of both. Make a list each day of what things you want to accomplish at home and at the gym.
    Take care and go for it girl.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    Go to the gym!!! You deserve to take care of yourself!!! Plus, you'll come home and feel ready to hit that housework!!
    Sending you a friend request :flowerforyou:

Leslie
  • summer601
    summer601 Posts: 23
    Options
    Hi.

There will always be cleaning to do so go ahead to the gym. You will feel better....