On my way to the best me I can be! You in?

Options
Hey all! I'm new to the site, but totally in love with it already!

The past few years have been full of change for me and it has taken it's toll on my weight and will power- to make smart health conscious decisions.

I'm here now, ready to kick some weight loss, healthy eating and get my mind positive booty!

I love to cook and am really interested in healthy recipes and cooking techniques, alternatives and the powers of "super foods". So if anyone needs tips, has tips or wants to swap great recipes add me and let's share!

It would be great to find support and motivation in others with similar goals. Currently I'm looking to lose about 30-40 lbs while making habit changes as well. So far, the biggest one has been cutting back on drinking soda!!! It's sad, I know but I love the stuff!

Good luck to all and I look forward to much conversation and encouragement for us all!

Megan

Replies

• hotpickles
    hotpickles Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Oh girl I am so in with you on this one!

Sent you a friend request :)
  • lilyates23
    lilyates23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I'm with you! I've been a member on MFP for a while. I go in spurts going on the site. I really need some motivation! I've been doing great since last Wednesday! Lets hope I can stick with it. I also need to lose a good 30/40 lbs!
  • Heevenlee
    Heevenlee Posts: 35
    Options
    I am with you.I love to cook also need all the help with recepies that I can get.
  • jeanaustin
    jeanaustin Posts: 101
    Options
    I'm in too! I'll send you a friend request. I want to do more healthy cooking and swapping recipes sounds like a good idea. I'm also interested in making veggie smoothies, so if anyone has recipes for those that would be great!
  • Kiwijay
    Kiwijay Posts: 216
    Options
    Hi there, welcome on board. Just wanted to welcome you and share a websit with you that you may like regarding food. I subscribe to the magazine and the website is awesome. So check out www.healthyfood.co.nz and have a look through the site. I am sure you will find something to interest you there. Good luck with you journey :flowerforyou:
  • Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    ill send u a friend request :)
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    Love the veggie smoothie idea! I recently was given a juicer so I'm really excited to play with recipes for that too. So far, my favorite is carrot & orange juice! You can then use the pulp left over to make super moist and delicious banana bread! soo good!

I'm so excited you are all on board, send a friend request so we can be sure to stay in touch! This journey will be way more fun together!
  • Jordu
    Jordu Posts: 13
    Options
    If you're trying to give up soda, but aren't quite ready for water, Light Hawaiian Punch is apparently ten calories a serving. (soda is roughly 100 calories). Minute Maid Light Lemonade is apparently even lower in calories. I've found both of them to be far better tasting than water or diet soda.
  • TiDinzeo
    TiDinzeo Posts: 309
    Options
    I'm definitely in for being the best me I can be. I've a bit more to lose than you do, around 150lbs or so, but the journey's the same for all of us, one day at a time.
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    Thanks for the soda alternative suggestions! I'll give them a try! I'm pretty sure it's the caffeine that makes it hard too. I'm also a sucker for Starbucks (I know, I know), but I recently discovered their Iced shaken black tea. OH MY GOODNESS! Love it!! And if you drink it unsweetened like I do, NO POINTS!! No calories, sugar or fat! Can't beat that!!! SOOOO much cheaper than what I usd to drink also- totally win:win!
  • jrock50
    jrock50 Posts: 1
    Options
    :smile: Hi, I am having to lose about that same amount also.. I have tried a lot of excercising for the last year, but have not made the diet total changes.. I did go and buy tons of healthy food, but I know that when my kids want McDonalds or wendys, etc.. that I dont eat the burgers, but was a big fan of the mocha frappe for like a meal to kick the caffeine in my system, and helped my tummy.. then i would eat at like 4 or 5, and i did manage to excercise better with that... I had a doc tell me that I had ab muscles, but heres the bad part,, i completely have a bad back from the Jillian Michaels dvds, somewhere along the line hurt my tailbone and lower back, so now i had to re start it all over again after what the hospital thought was a mild stroke or warnings of one, etc etc.. anyway, Im re starting a diet now and just joined today. What do you eat these days to diet, I know coke is a great thing to drink but not for diet, however, i do know that just stopping the drinkin of that soda will NOT be enough to lose weight especially more than a few pounds, I have known a lot of people that stopped coke but its not enough to just do that. Its a good start to do it, and then try the tea , i use sweet n low even though its not great to do TRY SONIC PEACH TEA around 11 in the morning a big one on sale 99 cents and sip it thru the day to keep ur tummy full and thinkin u had that soda :) I am on a special K cereal diet, i measure it out and drink fat free milk but come night time is a totally different story if I am tired, I want to eat really bad and today is only the second day... I get a chicken or turkey sandwich and pretzels and i sneak in bananas , thinking i would lose in a day of this, and i think i actually gained a pound .. not sure. banana is like 170 calories, so i guess thats not something i want to add. Special K hi protein is AWFUL. i think i will try the cinnamon. anyway , hope something i wrote helps you out. thanks, Janet
  • lilyates23
    lilyates23 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Another drink idea, No calories- Camelbak water bottle with fresh lemon juice & one sweetnlow! One camelbak is equivalent to two glasses of water.
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    have the 24 oz. camel back that I try to keep with me at all times! Makes it much easier, great suggestion! I love the lemon idea!!
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Totally! I'm with you sista - ever since I joined two days ago I have had a surge of empowerment knowing that I can accurately target my journey! I hope to get rid of at least 25 by July, so the challenge is on!!

CC:smokin:
  • daniellefsc
    daniellefsc Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. My first goal is to lose 30 lbs. I wish I could lose all of that weight before summer, but do not think that is practical or healthy for me. Giving up diet soda was such a struggle for me. I have been drinking seltzer water whenever I get a craving for soda. I also drink a lot of powerade zero and crystal light. I would love to find some new healthy recipes. I do not cook much, but will pass the recipes along to my hubby.

I'm trying to train for my first 5K in the beginning of May. Anyone else into running?
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    Danielle- One of my specific goals is to be able to run a 5K by September at the same speed as my husband, so we can run one together! So I'm totally on board with you!
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    I'm in....
  • stang_girl88
    stang_girl88 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I would love to share healthy cooking ideas/recipes. Friend request sent!

If anybody wants, they can friend me as well.
  • iwannawearatutu
    iwannawearatutu Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Sent you a friend request! :) I have more to lose than you, and I must admit I am not so passionate a cook, but I am trying to learn to enjoy it. I think I would if I had more recipes I enjoyed.
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! You'll love it here, everyone is so supportive and encouraging! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!