What are your opinions on cheat days?

Replies

• childofthewoods
    Options
    what do you meanby cheat days?
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    Cheat days only buy into the diet concept. This is a life change there should be no "cheat days" if you want cake or icecream, whatever eat it but be aware of what else you have eaten or will eat that day. Have a reasonable portion and move on.
  • Okmoose
    Okmoose Posts: 10
    Options
    I have lost 90 pounds in 8.5 months and I feel they are okay as long as the cheating is limited on the cheat day and not more then once or twice a month. That is what works for me. I feel if you never cheat you become frustrated and lose focus on your goals.
    Good luck.
  • TabiHerbalifeCoach
    TabiHerbalifeCoach Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    what do you meanby cheat days?

Cheat days are days where people "go off" there normal plan eat more have that sweet they wouldn't normally eat or have a planned higher calorie day.
  • childofthewoods
    Options
    If I want eat chocolate then I will do more excercise. I don't deny myself of anything just work harder if I fancy some junk!
  • firefighterswife58
    Options
    My mom has been on low carb for 10 months. She has lost 70 lbs & has only cheated once, while on vacation. I think for special events you can have a little something but the problem is alot of people go overboard and can't get back to eating right. That would be me... I plan to continue this healthy way of eating for my health, and to feel good.
  • LeslieRoyale
    LeslieRoyale Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    No cheat days for me...if I want something that I don't 'normally' eat, I just eat it, make adjustments in the rest of my day if necessary, and hold myself accountable for it. Sassy's right...that's a 'diet' way of thinking, and it doesn't fit into my 'lifestyle' change :happy:
    And just the word itself..."cheating" has negative connotations, which psychologically, leads to guilt...which emotionally leads to 'comforting' yourself (with food, cuz hey, that's what we do)...just leads to a horrible never-ending, derailing, cycle.

Just my opinion :flowerforyou:

Leslie
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    So far I've lost 13.5 pounds. I am currently in the middle of a "higher than 1200 calorie weekend" due to a close friends Bar Mitzvah celebration. I am going to enjoy myself and get strict again come Monday morning.
    My philosophy is that we are not dead nor in prison...we can indulge for a holiday or a celebration as long as we know that we cannot indulge every day and we get right back to our healthy eating!
  • stred321
    stred321 Posts: 48
    Options
    I have a day once a week ( usually Saturday after my weigh in) where I eat 'naughty' foods i.e foods with no health benefits but stay within my calorie goal...so today it was some chips at lunch and tonight a home made burger BUT I am no sat with a glass of wine and I am enjoying my evening...i am relaxing with my boyfriend, a dvd and having a great Saturday. You need to let go sometimes but still in moderation. :laugh:
  • khrys1
    khrys1 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I have about one a week where I go over my calories- seems to shake things up a bit and keeps me from getting on a plateu.
  • malabaugh
    malabaugh Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Same here! It's not a diet, it's a lifestyle change. It's all about portion control and making wise choices the majority of the time. But sometimes a girl just has to have some Peanut M&Ms. The difference? Now I eat a serving and not half the giant bag.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I don't like cheat days because people tend to go crazy and eat anything all day. If you want to indulge and eat a little extra a couple days a month...go ahead! Just don't go overboard and eat 3X's your calorie allowance. I still log everything too...so I know what is to blame if I gain that week.
  • prila13
    prila13 Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    No specified "cheat" days for me. Like most everybody said, this is a lifestyle change. One that requires constant observation of what foods we take in. And for those of us that love food for comfort, it will be a lifelong challenge. So, with that being said... if I want something like cake, ice cream, chocolate, I incorporate it into my daily calorie intake that way, I still get what I want but I don't go over my calories. I substitute the "fun foods" as I like to call them for the "no fun foods". I just don't do it every single day. I think that's the easiest way to "have your cake and eat it too" per se.