B vitamins for weight loss? Green Tea supplements?

Options
I have read a few instances of people losing weight by taking B supplements - is this true? Has anyone had experience with this?

Also, a girl at the gym told me that her friend lost 20 pounds when following a healthy diet, exercise, and adding green tea supplements (all natural, no other added stuff) to her daily routine. Anyone have a similar experience?

Replies

• mjf0461
    mjf0461 Posts: 470 Member
    Options
    It's all working off more than you put in. There is no easy remedies out there. Wise tale is vinegar, green tea, greek yogurt, and so many more increase your metabolism. When there's no given proof for us to see. One day at a time, watch your calories, protein, carbs, and exercise and as long as you have no medical issue's you should lose.. The easy fixes may work for some people, but they eventually gain all the weight plus more back. I don't plan on doing that this go around..
  • musicgirl88
    musicgirl88 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I take Super Vitamin B complex, Vitamin C, Acai Berry complex, and Vitamin D. I'm not so sure I see a difference in weight loss, but I know there is no quick fix to weight loss, it's the work you put into it. However, I have noticed that I have had more energy!! Two of these vitamins I need to take because my doc told me I needed them, but I have also heard that they "aid" in weight loss. I'm assuming the more energy could mean a faster metabolism, but as I said before, there is no quick fix to losing weight. You HAVE to put the work into it otherwise you will gain it all back plus some! Good luck with everything!!! :)
  • katschi
    katschi Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I would hazard and guess and say that the reason people find success with these supplements is that they have also decreased their calories.
    If they didn't decrease their calories, I doubt that these would work on their own to cause weight loss.
    Just my opinion though.
  • Hippopotoart
    Options
    Regardless of the weight loss effects, vitamin B is awesome! And one of the more difficult to find in your regular food diet, unless you target foods for that specific vitamin, so go for it! If it helps you lose weight, BONUS!
  • canadianchickie
    Options
    Thanks all - makes sense! Prob does help with energy and feeling good, but if I don't put in the important work of diet and exercise, then it won't help! I am going to try it.