Today's YUMMY snack!

Options
Just thought I'd share with other dieters out there...I have such a sweet tooth its not even funny :) I took three jumbo strawberries, a TB of World Market Vanilla Hazelnut spread (you can use Nutella) and dipped 'em...talk about delish! A good way to squeeze in some cals if you need to and have it still be sorta "healthy" :D oh...130 cals!

Replies

• sarabellum
    sarabellum Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    That's AWESOME!!! I do the same thing when I want something sweet only I use an apple and Nutella - it's SO GOOD!!! :)
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Speaking of spreads that satisfy the sweet tooth, have you ever tried sunflower seed butter? Trader Joe's has it for $3.99. And it. Is. AMAZING. Blows peanut butter out of the water. It has less saturated fat than PB, and sunflower seeds are the most nutrient-dense food in the nut category on the ANDI scale. I HIGHLY recommend it!
  • joshort123
    Options
    I cam to the boards for some snack tips and these are fantastic. I came home drunk last night and ate tacos. I'm headed to Trader Joe's now so hopefully the next late night pillaging of my kitchen will turn up these healthier snacks!
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    There's no Trader Joe's here but there's one where my dad lives! Gonna make him send me some! :) ty!
    Speaking of spreads that satisfy the sweet tooth, have you ever tried sunflower seed butter? Trader Joe's has it for $3.99. And it. Is. AMAZING. Blows peanut butter out of the water. It has less saturated fat than PB, and sunflower seeds are the most nutrient-dense food in the nut category on the ANDI scale. I HIGHLY recommend it!
  • Just1forMe
    Just1forMe Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    Another thing to try with Strawberries:
    Make a "dip" with 3 TBSP light sour cream mixed with 1 or 2 tsp of Splenda Brown Sugar (or reg if you are anti-splenda :)

Really good!