my all-time favorite jeans are out of the closet!

Options
jenneyd
jenneyd Posts: 308 Member
So off and on through this journey, I did to the back of my closet just to try on my favorite jeans. They are 6 or 7 years old, and they were worn out when I bought them. Little crystal studs bedazzle them, as well as some well placed frayed edges and bleach spots. These jeans are cute, and expensive. These are the jeans that I wore when I was at my lowest weight since high school. I was down to 146 (I'm thisclose to 5'8") when I was wearing these jeans, I wore them with glee and with pride, I knew I looked good. ;-)
Last night I had a little date with the Mr. We were just going out for a few drinks. I went upstairs, and thought, eh, I'll just try those babies on and see what kind of progress I'm making. And you know what? These babies just slid right up over the hips, no twisting, no pulling, no tugging, no pushing, no poking, no gasping for air, no suckin it in, AND they sipped right up and buttoned closed (ok, maybe I DID suck it in a little bit at this point) lol
I was soooo thrilled! So very very thrilled. I walked right out of my bedroom (sans shirt) and had to show them off! "look look they fit they fit!" And then, the tears welled up in my eyes. YES, I was so proud and so happy, I cried. (wiping a stray tear as I write this)
Thank you my dear Pals! Thank you for all your kind words, your encouragement, your humor, your honesty, and your motivation! And thank you myfitnesspal.com!

Replies

• ngolston
    ngolston Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! That is a great achievement, you're hard work is paying off! :)
  • jjr123
    jjr123 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    You earned it!
  • aecryan
    aecryan Posts: 89
    Options
    WOOHOO!
  • CherryJellybean
    CherryJellybean Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    'at a girl! SO VERY AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATS GIRLY
  • RILEYRED
    RILEYRED Posts: 647 Member
    Options
    THAT'S GREAT, MAKES COMING OUT OF THE CLOSET, A :flowerforyou: HOLE NEW MEANING!!!!!!!! RED
  • Sugar_Apple
    Sugar_Apple Posts: 951 Member
    Options
    Thats great.....Congrats :flowerforyou:
  • keilalin
    keilalin Posts: 11
    Options
    very well written! im so happy for you! :] i wore a shirt thats been hanging in my closet collecting dust (one of the shirt i LOVE) for a while.

i got a few more pounds to go before i wear these pairs of pants i got a while ago that were too tight on me! cant wait til i can *comfortably* wear those!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!