chocolate withdrawl?

Options
so already the lack of chocolate is getting to me! maybe it sounds silly, but looking back, i've probably been eating chocolate every day....

arg. any ideas on how to get rid of the craving??

Replies

• lolalola
    lolalola Posts: 12
    Options
    so already the lack of chocolate is getting to me! maybe it sounds silly, but looking back, i've probably been eating chocolate every day....

arg. any ideas on how to get rid of the craving??
  • Isis1069
    Isis1069 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I would suggest that each time you start craving chocolate you get up and either go for a walk or get yourself a glass of cold water. The water will help you feel full and the walk will help take your mind off of it.
  • sanlin20
    sanlin20 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    What works for me is the Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Bar (190cal) from LA Weight Loss centers. You eat half that bar (95cal) slowly with lots of water. It will take away that craving (craving for any food actually) for 4-hours, enough time to get you to the next real meal.
  • MFS27
    MFS27 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    I used to eat milk chocolate, but once I started eating healthier, I switched to dark chocolate which I can only eat in small amounts (very rich) and satisfies my chocolate craving. Some favorites (from Trader Joe's - gotta love TJ's!): Dark Chocolate Covered Expresso Beans, and Dark Chocolate Covered Crystalized Ginger. If you prefer something more common place - Hershey's makes dark chocolate nuggets, and M&M's have a dark variety (with or with out nuts.)

If you want to totally ditch chocolate 100%, you can try to trick your taste buds with carob (a legume that some folk say resembles the taste of chocolate) - this can be picked up at a health food store.
  • allie_isme21
    allie_isme21 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello...this is gonna sound crazy but last time i went to the store i ran across hershey chocolate flavored bubble gum. At first I though it would be nasty but i am going through the chocolate withdrawls myself so i got some and now when i want chocolate i break me a piece in half and chew it. It taste really good.
  • courtneycatt
    courtneycatt Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    When I need something sweet I eat the 100 calorie pack of Oreos they are really good and kill my cravings. Good Luck
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Russel Stovers have low carb chocolates.
    Check into that.
    Very good =)
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I do get cravings for chocolate at times and I like to have a cup of cocoa myself. But I have also found a recipe that is very tasty.
    Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies
    2/3 c. flour
    2/3 c sugar
    1 c quick oats
    1/3 c cocoa
    1 tsp. baking powder
    1/4 tsp salt
    2 egg whites
    1/3 c corn syrup
    1 tsp vanilla
    Bake at 350 and use spay oil for your baking sheet.

Calories are 70 per serving and zero fat. Cholesterol is 0 and sodium is 90 mg.

This is out of a recipe book I have had for many years called "60 Days of Low Fat Low Cost Meals in minutes" by M.J. Smith . I am not sure if its still out there somewhere but it has lots of recipes and helps with calorie counting.
  • EHBRown28
    EHBRown28 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    To Eve23,

I just made those chocolate oatmeal cookies and I can't wait to pop one later today. I didn't see how long to bake them, but I baked mine for 12 minutes. They smell divine!
  • tmarti007
    tmarti007 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I agree with Courtneycatt, those 100 calorie packs, both the oreos and the chips ahoy totally satisfy that sweet/chocolate craving for me. They are the perfect size and easy to take with you.
  • Skinnier_Me
    Skinnier_Me Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Thanks Eve!
    Sounds yummy!
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    EHBrown:

Can I have one of those cookies?

I don't know if you can read the caption on the picture, but it says

"I made you a cookie.....

but I eated it."

Cutest thing ever.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,004 Member
    Options
    Rats, the photo didn't load, I didn't refresh....here you go...........hopefully
  • asodum
    asodum Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    HAve you tried a mocha flavored decaf coffee? Lots of wonderful chocolate variations.
  • priebe
    Options
    I drink the Kirkland (costco) brand weight loss shakes with a 1/2 C of milk in a glass every morning for breakfast. It helps with the chocolate cravings (since they are chocolate)

They have 230 calories, but it can serve for your breakfast.
    The other thing I do is keep Junior mints frozen in the freezer. They never actually get hard, they just get cold. I pop a few of those in my mouth and feel much better. :) 16 peices have 170 calories. (Just eat 2-3 and that should do it)

Just some ideas... hope it helps.
  • zdmorrow413
    Options
    Hersey's makes a 100 calorie chocolate bar. Its much skinnier (but about the same length) as a hersey bar. It's dark chocolate and I think its pretty yummy. It's good for an occasional snack but even though its only 100 calories, although it might solve the chocolate craving; its not going to leave your hunger statisfied so I suggest that you also eat something before or after it (like fruit) thats a little more filling.
  • zdmorrow413
    Options
    Hersey's makes a 100 calorie chocolate bar. Its much skinnier (but about the same length) as a hersey bar. It's dark chocolate and I think its pretty yummy. It's good for an occasional snack but even though its only 100 calories, although it might solve the chocolate craving; its not going to leave your hunger statisfied so I suggest that you also eat something before or after it (like fruit) thats a little more filling.
  • Sherfoodie
    Sherfoodie Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Bananas... It sounds crazy I know but it works! Totally curbs the Chocolate craving!
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    I use the Herbalife Chocolate shake in the morning with some protein powder. Kills my cravings for chocolate. I pair it with half a banana cut up in it and its 290 cal.
  • kjllose
    kjllose Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    Hey Eve23 how many cookies will that recipe make? I'd like to try it and don't want to make the cookies too big lol.