Hot Cocoa and Coffee

Options
♥Faerie♥
♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
Is it bad for my diet to have a cup of coffee in the morning (flavored creamer, and a little sugar), and also have a cup of hot cocoa at night? These are within my calories, and usually the cocoa is what replishes my calories after my workout. Just wonder if this would sabotage my loosing weight??? I have to have my coffee, and the cocoa is like my little treat at the end of the day!:wink:

Replies

• ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Is it bad for my diet to have a cup of coffee in the morning (flavored creamer, and a little sugar), and also have a cup of hot cocoa at night? These are within my calories, and usually the cocoa is what replishes my calories after my workout. Just wonder if this would sabotage my loosing weight??? I have to have my coffee, and the cocoa is like my little treat at the end of the day!:wink:
  • j_g4ever
    j_g4ever Posts: 1,925 Member
    Options
    I love hot cocoa. Im trying to find a low calorie subsitute for hot cocoa however. I think I found one. Im starting to get cold maybe i will make some. LOL :laugh:
  • lowsam
    lowsam Posts: 21
    Options
    I don't know about the coffe, but hot chocolate is one of my favorite snacks when i am really craving something sweet. I have it a few times a week. I don't feel it has hurt me.
  • cinnamongrl33
    Options
    I MUST have my coffee!!! I switched to fat free vanilla creamer and it's just as delicious. However...watch serving size...I was WAYYYYY off. I refuse to give up my coffee w/vanilla creamer though..it would be too much!:brokenheart:
  • bellmom627
    Options
    I have hot cocoa often in the afternoons as a pick me up and I make it my afternoon snack.
  • BrandNewLaura
    BrandNewLaura Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I dont think there is a problem as long as you are accounting for the calories in your food journal. You might want to try cutting out the sugar and trying a natural sweetener like honey and perhaps trying a sugar free creamer, but I don't think it will be detrimental to your weight loss efforts. Just make sure that you're not counting either of these for your water intake and still getting in a minimum of 64 ounces of water per day, and be very careful of your daily sugar levels since both of those drinks probably have a bunch of sugar.
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    I like hot cocoa too, and I don't think enjoying it will cause a problem. There are a lot of low-calorie hot chocolate options. And you can always make own with skim milk, splenda and unsweetened cocoa (I recommend Hershey's).
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    Hot Cocoa is better than a candy bar... that's how i see it =)
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I drink coffee on a daily basis NEED CAFFEINE. :drinker: I used splenda packs and single serve creamers. I'm happy to say it's keeping me honest. I found them in the following flavors -- original, french vanilla, amaretto, hazelnut and irish cream. You can purchase them for cheap on the "Coffee Giant" website. Hope that helps :bigsmile:

Also, they make it easy to track our servings so you don't go over
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I love hot cocoa. Im trying to find a low calorie subsitute for hot cocoa however. I think I found one. Im starting to get cold maybe i will make some. LOL :laugh:

Let me tell ya...Swiss Miss Sensible Sweets Hot Cocoa...to die for & only 25 calories a cup! I triple love it!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback, it really helps to know that you have that little treat that you can count on, and not sabotage your diet!!!:tongue:
  • gr8fulal36
    gr8fulal36 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    try a local weight watchers, they might have a substute for coco. Also pure coco is much better then instant.....
  • christelpistol
    christelpistol Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    have you considered making your own? mixing part hershey's cocoa with the lite coffee-mate? 3 parts to 2.

it wont be terribly sweet, but a dash of stevia or sugar in the raw would make it pretty tasty.

i would add cinnamon and a TOUCH of cayenne to make it more of a spiced cocoa.
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,379 Member
    Options
    I also do skim milk, cocoa, and sweetener, with a dash of cinnamon! I don't care for straight milk, and only recently found a brand of yogurt I can tolerate. So, I figure it helps with my calcium intake too :tongue:
  • speckle
    speckle Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    yeah i make my cocoa with half water and half milk...doesn't bother me, i've been doing it with mostly water for years.