BLACK TEAM 10/16

Options
Thursday!

Ok, weigh ins are over and we seem to have a lot of people that are plateauing. The zero bus is getting full :laugh: It is important that you don't quit at this point, it is frustrating but very normal! Plateaus happen for good reason, your body is a clever machine!

We can only trick our bodies into weight loss for short periods of time before our body "catches on". So here are some things that might help you bust out of the plateau and start seeing your numbers drop again!

First thing to do, increase your exercise by 20% for about 10 days. Example, if you do 30 minutes of cardio each session you should increase it to 36 minutes, or if you do distance and say you normally aim for 4 miles you need to increase that to 4.8 miles.

Second, while increasing your exercise you need to slightly decrease your food intake. Try eating smaller meals. This will help you attack the plateau at both ends. After you bust through, you may need to change your calorie allowance, the closer you are to your goal the closer you are to maintenance and you may actually need to eat a little more.

You may need to Shock your system by changing up your cardio or exercise routine. If you normally walk try riding a bike or using an elliptical machine or even better...stairs! If you normally swim try walking, I think you get the idea.

Bottom line, the only way to really bust through a plateau is to take your body out of it's (and your mental) comfort zone! do this for a week to 10 days and you should start seeing results again!

Again...IF YOU WANT MORE YOU HAVE TO GIVE MORE!!! :love:

Replies

• Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Thursday!

Ok, weigh ins are over and we seem to have a lot of people that are plateauing. The zero bus is getting full :laugh: It is important that you don't quit at this point, it is frustrating but very normal! Plateaus happen for good reason, your body is a clever machine!

We can only trick our bodies into weight loss for short periods of time before our body "catches on". So here are some things that might help you bust out of the plateau and start seeing your numbers drop again!

First thing to do, increase your exercise by 20% for about 10 days. Example, if you do 30 minutes of cardio each session you should increase it to 36 minutes, or if you do distance and say you normally aim for 4 miles you need to increase that to 4.8 miles.

Second, while increasing your exercise you need to slightly decrease your food intake. Try eating smaller meals. This will help you attack the plateau at both ends. After you bust through, you may need to change your calorie allowance, the closer you are to your goal the closer you are to maintenance and you may actually need to eat a little more.

You may need to Shock your system by changing up your cardio or exercise routine. If you normally walk try riding a bike or using an elliptical machine or even better...stairs! If you normally swim try walking, I think you get the idea.

Bottom line, the only way to really bust through a plateau is to take your body out of it's (and your mental) comfort zone! do this for a week to 10 days and you should start seeing results again!

Again...IF YOU WANT MORE YOU HAVE TO GIVE MORE!!! :love:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Another new member

threedeakgifts....welcome to the team! :drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    Thursday is my favorite day now that Grey's Anatomy is back on. :tongue: So Happy Thursday, everyone! I am on day 16 of staying within my calories (my October chall.) I have my day planned out, now if I can just stick to it! :smile:

I told you girls to put sugar in that Zero Bus gas tank and ship it elsewhere...DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STOP TO PICK ME UP!!!!!!!! I don't wanna ride it again!:grumble:

ANNA---GO DRINK YOUR WATER!:drinker:
  • Losing_It
    Options
    Another new member

threedeakgifts....welcome to the team! :drinker:

Welcome!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options

Augh! you caught me again.

Thanks, I need a full time sitter. I'm so naughty.
  • Losing_It
    Options

Augh! you caught me again.

Thanks, I need a full time sitter. I'm so naughty.

OK...did you mind me? Did ya, did ya? Do I have to come alllllllllllll the way over there and umm...force water ya? :laugh:
  • 2Across
    2Across Posts: 41
    Options
    Well, I'm on that zero bus this week, but definitely not giving up. I get a lot of satisfaction in knowing I'm following the plan. I'm journaling and getting my exercise in. The scale isn't the only gauge of my journey this time. I think in the past I have put too much focus on it, and given it too much power over me.

Not this time. I have a lot of weight to lose, which means my body is a lot of water, which means the scale will fluctuate.

I hope everyone reads Nicholes post and see what fits to get you back on a losing track. I also know historically my body loses in cycles, I can expect two weeks each month with little or no change then the scale will move again.

Welcome to all the new members of the black team!

Anita
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    Options
    Thursday is my favorite day now that Grey's Anatomy is back on. :tongue: So Happy Thursday, everyone! I am on day 16 of staying within my calories (my October chall.) I have my day planned out, now if I can just stick to it! :smile:

I told you girls to put sugar in that Zero Bus gas tank and ship it elsewhere...DO NOT, I REPEAT, DO NOT STOP TO PICK ME UP!!!!!!!! I don't wanna ride it again!:grumble:

You can do it! Way to go! I like Thursdays too. Its like a transition day to the weekend. :tongue: