What are your daily menu plans?

Options
I'm trying to get some ideas for eating the 5-6 small meals a day... i've got a list of foods but i need more ideas if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!

Replies

• ashleyisit
    Options
    I'm trying to get some ideas for eating the 5-6 small meals a day... i've got a list of foods but i need more ideas if you don't mind sharing. Thanks!
  • jbuehrer
    jbuehrer Posts: 285
    Options
    I eat a scrambled egg. It keeps me going for a couple hours.
    Or on the go I eat a clif bar... or at least half of it.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the Michael Thurmond 6-week Makeover program

Breakfast - 1/2 cup oatmeal, 2 egg whites, 1/2 banana
    AM Snack - 3oz tuna & green salad
    Lunch - 2 oz chicken, small potato, 1-2 cups of veggies
    PM Snack - 3 oz turkey, small pear
    Dinner - 3oz Halibut, 1/2 cup brown rice, 1-2 cups veggies or salad
    Snack - 1/2 grapefruit.

You can also try
    Turkey Chili
    Flounder
    Tuna Steaks

Hope it helps
    Options
    breakfast
    1/2 cup cantalope
    1 med. apple cut into slices
    1 package of single serve caramel
    Yoplait light yogurt

Snack 1
    1/2 cup cottage cheese
    1 jalapino cheese stick

Lunch
    Homemade chicken salad wrap
    1 med. peach cut into slices

Snack 2
    2 cups of grapes

Dinner
    Fish
    rice
    veges
    small salad

Snack 3
    1/2 cottage cheese
  • jamainicole
    Options
    Hey :)

Honestly just calculate the calories on here but portion it into 5-6 small meals..

If you stay with the same foods day in and day out you will get sick of it.. trust me .. been there lol :)
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time eating 5-6 small meals a day. For some reason I cant seem to get my mind to fathom that. I usually just eat my 3 meals.

Connie
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options
    I have the hardest time eating 5-6 small meals a day. For some reason I cant seem to get my mind to fathom that. I usually just eat my 3 meals.

Connie

I used to have a hard time making my "mini meals" mini. But have gotten much better with practice. Of course, I still have some days where I type in my meal, and I'm shocked by how many calories were in it. I think it helps for me to think of it as 3 small meals and 2 snacks.

Am loving cottage cheese and pineapple right now as one of my meals. Also, when I have the calories available from extra exercising, I love a fried egg on 2 slices of rye bread with a slice of cheese (fried in Pam spray of course). I had a spinach salad with strawberries and walnuts the other day (AAAACCCKKKK- walnuts blew my counts, I had no idea). I love cinnamon oatmeal with 1 TBSP each of sliced almonds and raisins. For quickies, I blend up a protein shake, or I eat a protein bar with a peice of fruit.
    -Robin
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options

Connie

I just find it too inconvenient and unnecessary. I don't have time to get food between every class, nor do I want to carry a soggy PB sandwich around all day. :laugh: I eat 4 meals a day and my 'snack' post workout. I eat at 8, 12:30, 4:30, snack at 7 or so, and dinner around 10.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

PB toast, nuts & fruit, milk & fruit, fiber bar, small baggie of healthy trail mix, cottage cheese w/pineapple, cheese & fruit, PB & 'simply fruit' sandwich.......

Ok, so those are a partial list of things I eat for mini meals....you calculate how many calories you need to eat in the day plus your excercise cals & just divivde them into either 5 or 6 meals. Ya know...say 2-3 hundred a mini meal as an example.

I always do a carb/protein combo...but I'm T2 so I eat the mini meals for that reason but also to keep u my energy..my body prefers to eat every few hours to keep my blood sugars even through out the day....keep my metabolism boosted through out the entire day.....keeps my energy way up....

Looking forward to hearing how it works for you.:drinker:

If you're at work just have some nuts and fruit in a drawer, yogurt in the fridge along with string cheese etc...things along that line will make it easier for you to remember to do the 5-6 meal deal.:flowerforyou:

If you're at home more often than out....makes it even easier ....:wink:
  • pettmybunny
    pettmybunny Posts: 1,986 Member
    Options

Connie

I just find it too inconvenient and unnecessary. I don't have time to get food between every class, nor do I want to carry a soggy PB sandwich around all day. :laugh: I eat 4 meals a day and my 'snack' post workout. I eat at 8, 12:30, 4:30, snack at 7 or so, and dinner around 10.

Call that "snack" a "meal", and you've gotten in 5 for the day:laugh: