What HRM do you have and would you recommend it?

Options
erniemj
erniemj Posts: 187 Member
Would like to get some opinions on a specific one! thanks!

Replies

• Jenni268
    Jenni268 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Me too!
  • jeninne
    jeninne Posts: 412 Member
    Options
    I have to give a plug for mine: Timex T5G971 Unisex Sports Personal Heart Rate Monitor Watch- on Amazon $45. It does what I need it to do and I love it. I don't work out without it!! So far so good
  • doggiemomma
    Options
    I have a Polar FT6. I love it. I hate to go to the gym without it on. My mom has one and she loves hers also.
  • Cella30
    Cella30 Posts: 539 Member
    Options
    bump! I want to know too, I think it's time to invest in one... :smile:
  • butterfly_lvr
    Options
    I have been looking at the Omron Hj-113 Pocket Pedometer (or Hj-112) for around $20 on Amazon.com. Have read tons of reviews on both and pretty hard to find anything negative said about either one. They both seem to have really nice features. Would be interested to see if anybody has used either of these.
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 from Sears today... havent used it yet but had GREAT reviews. They had the FT1,FT6, and FT7 all on clearance!
  • Nataliethin81
    Options
    I have the Polar FT4, it's awesome, highly recommend it. It's super accurate and easy to use. I got it at Best Buy for $89.
  • janesmith1
    janesmith1 Posts: 1,511 Member
    Options
    epulse2 - I can't wear Polar due to nickel (aka metal) allergies, and it's awesome.
  • bluespring
    bluespring Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    I have been looking at the Omron Hj-113 Pocket Pedometer (or Hj-112) for around $20 on Amazon.com. Have read tons of reviews on both and pretty hard to find anything negative said about either one. They both seem to have really nice features. Would be interested to see if anybody has used either of these.

I've got the HJ-113....which comes with the safety strap..a must!
    It works great.
    It's more accurate than some of the other pedometers.... because you have to enter your weight...and your stride length.
    It keeps all your info for a week...and also logs aerobic information...number of steps, calories burned...and distance.
    I use it mainly for number of steps and distance....and in conjunction with my HRM....a Polar FT60...
    Best of both worlds.
    Good luck.
    :bigsmile:
  • Dafrog
    Dafrog Posts: 353
    Options
    i have a timex personal trainer, $38 on ebay. I really like it for the price. It tracks HR, calories burned, time, stopwatch, max HR, avg HR. I bought an Organic Science from WalMart online hated it (took it back). Most ppl swear by polar f6, little above my price range. The only downfall is you have to subtract you BMR from your total burn. Not sure if you have to with the others or not. good luck.
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I just got a Polar FT7 from Sears today... havent used it yet but had GREAT reviews. They had the FT1,FT6, and FT7 all on clearance!

I will try sears - are you in Canada or USA?
  • missfittin_missy
    missfittin_missy Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Im in USA ..... they ranged from $49-$79... I went with the FT7 because you can get a thingamabob (ha) to put your data into the computer
  • cath1024
    cath1024 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Im in USA ..... they ranged from $49-$79... I went with the FT7 because you can get a thingamabob (ha) to put your data into the computer

my price range but I am in Canada - i will have a look here and see what they have.