Hi All! My name is Jami and I am new to MFP!!

Options
Hey everyone! I am new to MFP but so happy that I finally found such a great tool to help me on my weightloss journey! I have always felt a little chubby and about 5 years ago I had hit my max weight at that time about 167 lbs on a 5' 5" frame and started watching what I ate and doing Pilates everyday and either the treadmill or eliptical maybe 2-3x/wk. I found success in that and got down to my lowest adult weight of 140 lbs! I felt GREAT!!!

Then, life changed for me and I went through a really rough period in my life emotionally (divorce, moving, starting life over). Of course, all my habits went out the door! But life has gotten better and I am now remarried and so happy! Over the past 4 years, I have gained over 54 lbs and have been yo yo dieting (hate that term)!!! I stay motivated for about a week or two and then everything falls by the wayside.

My husband and I have both always been health minded but I couldn't seem to peel these stubborn pounds off of me! But, after finding MFP thanks to a friend who also uses it (Thanks, Justin!! :o) I owe you!), I have fallen in love with it! It keeps me so motivated to have this with me 24/7 on my Blackberry! I have made healthier choice and it actually is FUN to keep track of it all and know that it is WORKING! In the past 2 wks, I have lost 8 lbs and my goal is to lose about 60 more! My goal is 120 lbs...but I would be happy where I used to be at 140 so we will see how this journey goes! I am just so thankful for MFP!!!

I am looking to make some new friends here who can be a great support system and I would love to be that for you as well! God bless and happy weight loss! :o)

Replies

• SarahofTwins
    SarahofTwins Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    Hi and welcome to MFP! Its always great to see people who want to make a change in their lives for the better. Especially with weight loss! Good luck on your journey ahead :happy:
  • pwprice59
    pwprice59 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    welcome, it is great to have you with us
  • rockbentley
    Options
    Welcome and good luck! You have come to the right place for sure!
  • BigBeaver
    BigBeaver Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Hi Jami, and welcome. This is a great place with tons of support, you can add me if you like
  • amysambora
    amysambora Posts: 219
    Options
    Welcome Jami! Love your positivity! MFP is a great place to help you reach your goals. I've gone from 145 to 134 and am hoping to get to 125, not sure if my body agrees with me though! All the best to you x
  • tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like!
  • jamison0220
    jamison0220 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am so excited to finally be seeing results and knowing that this is it! This is the last time I will be losing weight!! After this is all about maintaining! Hoping I can make new friends and learn a lot from you all...I would appreciate any advice, new recipes, etc that you guys can help and I'd be happy to do the same for you!
  • dibley_98
    dibley_98 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Hi there Jami and welcome. I've only been a member for about 3 weeks now but am finding MFP excellent. I too have tried all types of diets and programs and although they worked and I lost some weight, I could never keep it up long enough to get to my goal. MFP is actually making me THINK about food and they way I eat instead of telling me WHAT to eat....they're MY choices...not someone else's. :o)

Good Luck!
    Helen
  • diet45
    diet45 Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Welcome...I've been on June 2010...add me as a friend!!! I've lost 34 lbs and still have 18 more to go!!!