DIY boot camp

Options
I went w/a friend to a boot camp she's been doing for a while...it was a circuit of exercises that need no equipment. I definitely felt worked out afterwards but it was 25 mins of exercises. Anyway it costs $160/month!

I got to thinking that it has to be cheaper to do that at my house (like, free). I managed to do the circuit in my living room tonight, but the question is: how/can I keep it up? And I guess you're supposed to change exercises every month, so does anyone know where I can find new exercises? The ones I'm doing now are push-ups, mountain climbers, etc.

Replies

• meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com (search google for "Nerd Fitness Beginnner Body Weight" and the right link should come up)
  • deborahkidd
    deborahkidd Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Get an exercise ball (cheap) and use it to do sit ups, you can do the plank,and the jumping jack, and some sprints outside. Those are some of theones I do. Also lift your legs six inches from the ground and hold it for a minute or so.
  • mommybear0922
    mommybear0922 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    You can also get some of Jillian Michael's DVD's(she's the trainer from the Biggest Loser). A good one she has is called 30 day shred, and it's basically circuit training. The only tool you would need are some basic hand weights, which are pretty inexpensive. Hope this helps!
  • AmyQwith2
    AmyQwith2 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    i did a month of boot camp (groupon deal) and then started the insanity DVDs! love them! they are so close to boot camp except i think i actually work harder doing them! when we did boot camp we changed exercises every day - no 2 days were ever the same...
  • ajbeans
    ajbeans Posts: 2,857 Member
    Options
    www.nerdfitness.com (search google for "Nerd Fitness Beginnner Body Weight" and the right link should come up)

Oh my gosh, I am so glad I opened this thread, because this link is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!
  • tamheath
    tamheath Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    I bought the Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred at WalMart for $9. Already have a few hand weights and that's all you need to do it. That DVD kicks my butt! :sad:
  • bethymay123
    Options
    Go to www.military.com/military-fitness

They have several great workouts.
  • meggonkgonk
    meggonkgonk Posts: 2,066 Member
    Options

Oh my gosh, I am so glad I opened this thread, because this link is AWESOME! Thanks for sharing!

Yea, Nerdfitness rocks my life!
  • rachpiper720
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv She puts up daily workouts or daily challenges. They are awesome workouts and you don't need much equipment. Mostly just your body. You can modify her workouts so you don't need equipment. I have been doing it for 2 months and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life....even after I did P90x!
  • 20carrots
    20carrots Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    www.bodyrock.tv She puts up daily workouts or daily challenges. They are awesome workouts and you don't need much equipment. Mostly just your body. You can modify her workouts so you don't need equipment. I have been doing it for 2 months and I am the strongest I have ever been in my life....even after I did P90x!

WOW just looking at that site is making my muscles hurt! Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I think I can confidently cancel my gym membership now and save lots of $ !