What plan are you following?

Options
I am trying to use this site to count calories. I'm Asian so alot of what I eat is not on the list, I'm just guessing and picking the closes possible.

If you can share how long you've been on this journey and how much you've lost to motivate me.

Thank you.

Replies

• GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    I am trying to use this site to count calories. I'm Asian so alot of what I eat is not on the list, I'm just guessing and picking the closes possible.

If you can share how long you've been on this journey and how much you've lost to motivate me.

Thank you.
  • raincloud
    raincloud Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I have been on it 16 weeks this past monday, and I also hit 50 pounds lost on Monday.

I need to lose at least another 50, 73lbs would be perfect.
  • lunglady
    lunglady Posts: 526 Member
    Options
    Try calorieking.com; some of the food you're looking for may be on that site.

Anyway, welcome to MFP. I've only been on for a month and I've already lost 9lbs. There's no magic to it- you just hold yourself accountable for whatever you put in your mouth. And when you're feeling frustrated, just come here for support. We all feel your pain. :flowerforyou:
  • gazellegirl
    gazellegirl Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    First of all welcome,
    You are on the right track, get as close as possible, or you can add foods of your own, you can find sites on the web that will help you figure the calories.

I have been on this sight for one month, I have lost 12 lbs in that month. It has really helped me stay on track, prior to that I had lost, but had no idea how many calories I was eating, I was just being really careful. This site helps you figure out what a typical day should look like. I also love the water counter. It is a good way to keep on track with that also.

Good luck on your journey, you will succeed, just log everything, even if you have to do it individually and save it as one of "your meals"

:happy:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Hi, welcome!

I've been here 6 1/2 months and I've lost 49 pounds.

Good luck with your goals! :flowerforyou:
  • GaoLee
    GaoLee Posts: 65
    Options
    Thank you... I hoping to learn from all of you and to watch the scale drop you all of you. Wow... what progess.. Congratulations!!!
  • dgoodgion
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I've been on the site for nearly 4 months & have nearly made it to my goal weight. This site is very helpful. I have the site set up to track 6 small meals a day--that really helps me with portion control. Best of Luck to you!!!

89374.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • orkide
    orkide Posts: 20
    Options
    how have you lost weight?
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    I started my journey back in March/April of this year and am losing slowly, but surely. So far, I've lost...well take a look at my ticker. :wink: I've really had a hard time the past couple of months though - too much stress in my life that is finally starting to dwindle down. My ultimate goal is to be 110lbs. by April of next year. I have a lot of catching up to do, but I think I can still make it by then or at the latest, by the end of spring. In any case, all the weight I have lost so far, has stayed off and haven't suffered a bit.

You can do it too! Welcome to MFP and good luck to you!
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thank you.

are you able to use any packaging etc. from your foods and then include them into the MFP database? That way you could be more sure your food diary is more accurate for yourself.

I imagine much of what you buy might be in bulk so that's always a bit tougher to get the nutrition info from that .....(when I buy from organtic markets around here in bulk...it sorta gets to be a hassle asking them for all the nutrition info)

If at all possible I always try and match my label to the food database (yes, it sure does take some time but while I"m building up my food lists on my own personal site it will be more accurate) and check for accuracy instead of just assuming it's the same thing.

Welcome:flowerforyou:
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Thank you.

oh....regarding how long I've been on my lifelong journey of clean eating...since last Summer....you can see my ticker just below to see what I've lost since then.

I eat clean, as close to nature as possible, organtic on a number of foods, workout workout and more workouts (and LOVE THEM ALL), drink PLENTY of my favorite beverage :drinker: :drinker: , yes that would be water.....I try and keep a positive mind set and laugh when times are a bit rougher....and I"ve recently found a few new ways to entertain myself when things drive me crazy....this has been helping ALOT! :tongue: :laugh: :laugh: :bigsmile:

I also try and welcome new folks that join MFP as I know how I felt when I arrived with such a warm reception in August 2008...and jump in and help in ways that I can.

Glad you are here:drinker:
  • greenbaum9
    Options
    Try going to the bookstores--Borders carries the book "CALORIE, FAT, & CARBOHYDRATE COUNTER" by The Calorie King, about $8.00, and it fits in my handbag. Check the index. Many Asian ingredients are listed, as well asalmost every food you can think of, ethnic, brand names, everything and you can carry it with you--it also has chain restauarants and fast foods.

Use this book to choose what to eat , but don't forget to log it in your MFP food diary.

:flowerforyou:
    greenie
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I have been a member for over on week. This site helps you stay on track with the food diary. I can't tell you how many times I thought about consuming something I shouldn't and just knowing I have to log the information has kept me from doing.

Try using "The Dinner Plate Calorie Counter" website. They have a pretty decent database and I also use it to check if the information in the MFP database when I feel it may be incorrect.

Once again welcome and I know you will find the support you need here, I know I have.
  • LovelyLady1977
    Options
    ...Try using "The Dinner Plate Calorie Counter" website. They have a pretty decent database and I also use it to check if the information in the MFP database when I feel it may be incorrect...

Did you mean The Daily Plate? If so, that is a good one. I sometimes do the same thing you do.
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    ...Try using "The Dinner Plate Calorie Counter" website. They have a pretty decent database and I also use it to check if the information in the MFP database when I feel it may be incorrect...

Did you mean The Daily Plate? If so, that is a good one. I sometimes do the same thing you do.

Yes that's what I meant. :laugh: See this is what happens when you try to do this at work and 9-1-1 rings :huh: . Anyway, I love the site and it has helped me correct some of the errors I have found in the MFP database. Thanks again..:laugh: