when will i ever lose my stomach?

Options
I've lost weight in my legs, boobs and face...NOW I NEED TO LOSE IT IN MY STOMACH AND IT WONT COME OFF! when did everyone lose it in their stomach? :grumble:

Replies

• RTricia
    RTricia Posts: 720
    Options
    You're preaching to the choir, sis.....

keep up the good work - I'm learning about how stress causes belly fat.... and I think I'm the poster child.
  • bachooka
    bachooka Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    in us ladies, it is resistant fat because it helps us with fertility... so hips, thighs, tummy... they stick around. Just keep pushing and it will come off!
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 pounds away from my goal and I still haven't lost in my belly and if I have it isn't very noticeable. This is also the only reason I continue to 'lose' the weight because if it weren't for the tummy I would be happy.
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    bump
  • EricInArlington
    EricInArlington Posts: 557 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way you do but, you know as well as I, It will the last spot to go away :P my pants will hit the ground without a belt and I don't want to buy new ones just to have to get rid of them in a few months but, even with all that I still have the same jelly roll
  • misslynnpenn
    Options
    Hi,

I am all stomach and boobs so I can't help you there. That happens to be where all of my weight is. I've been doing a little research to find out if it is better to lose the weight and then try to tone or try to tone while losing weight. My legs and arms are quite muscular now and I don't want to look too bulky. If you get any good suggestions, please forward them to me.
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    :explode: haha thanks....yeah its like ive lost 23 pounds and my stomach is still the same as when i started...sometimes it really depresses me lol
  • WashingtonGrown
    Options
    It's the classic...."Everyone is different" thing. I never had a big stomach even at 20 lbs over weight. I do however have a slight shelf from housing a baby for 9 months. I have noticed it's lifted considerable. But I am only 8lbs from my goal weight. Give it time, you are doing fantastic!!
  • ChelseaRW
    ChelseaRW Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    It will...it comes off there last!! Do plenty of cardio for fat burn and strength training to build muscle! As Jillian Michaels says " You can't crunch away your stomach(or something like that..lol)" All you can do is eat right and burn fat which requires cardio and strength training(specifically ab work). Not sure of your workouts but I can vouch for Jillian's videos. She's taken me from a 14 to a size 6 using her videos alternating with running or other cardio workouts.
  • dixiejeep
    dixiejeep Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    thanks for the support everyone :flowerforyou:
  • merimeaux
    merimeaux Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    It will...it comes off there last!! Do plenty of cardio for fat burn and strength training to build muscle! As Jillian Michaels says " You can't crunch away your stomach(or something like that..lol)" All you can do is eat right and burn fat which requires cardio and strength training(specifically ab work). Not sure of your workouts but I can vouch for Jillian's videos. She's taken me from a 14 to a size 6 using her videos alternating with running or other cardio workouts.

My belly fat is also a really stubborn area, so I can't exactly help with tips there...but I can definitely second the Jillian recommendation :) The 30-Day Shred is a great introduction to working out at home. If you're looking for an intense cardio workout, her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism is awesome, and the No More Trouble Zones is more intense strength training. I also just started doing her 6-Week Six Pack and it's pretty decent too. I do want to say that my boyfriend has told me that great abs are built in the kitchen, so you want to keep that in mind and eat healthily. :)
  • nehushtan
    nehushtan Posts: 566 Member
    Options
    My stomach has gone down considerably but hey it's still blocking my view of my belt buckle. I think for me at least and others the trick is going to be full-scale strength training. Belly fat is "visceral". I've lost weight by calorie budgeting and cardiovascular exercise. But muscle build-up is promising to burn the remaining fat stores from 25% to 15%. I'm hoping this will finally dissolve the "visceral fat".
  • aangrisani
    Options
    Hi,

I am all stomach and boobs so I can't help you there. That happens to be where all of my weight is. I've been doing a little research to find out if it is better to lose the weight and then try to tone or try to tone while losing weight. My legs and arms are quite muscular now and I don't want to look too bulky. If you get any good suggestions, please forward them to me.

Please let me know if you find an answer and I will do the same. I have been wondering the same thing. I primarily do cardio but every other day I do ABS and machines as well. Not sure if this will create muscle on top of fat or what. I kinda feel like it is slimming me and tightening, but idk
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    Hmmm hows ur sugar and sodium intake?...as soon as I lowered my sugar to 35gr or less a day my tummy got flatter