I am Kayla

Options
I am Kayla, a mother of 3 children, a wife to a wonderful man, a 32 year old who has had enough of being OBESE!!
I am 5 ft 2 1/2 inches tall and 222.4 lbs and wear a size 16-18, when I was in high school I was about 150 and wore a size 9, when I got married I was about 175 and a size 10/12. Then I went on birth control and that made me crazy I went to the Dr and he put me on Meds that made me gain weight rapidly 30lbs in 3 weeks. It also caused me to lose my mind or so I thought. I spent a week in the hospital, I stopped my med and birth control and I was fine/ Imagine that!! LOL! Well I was never able to lose that weight. I started to have babies and lost weight while prego but gained them all back and more while nursing. SO here I am at 32 and I want to be a roll model for my kids. I want to be happy with my weight.
I started P90X at the end of January and man what changes I have seen in 60 days. I do my best and forget the rest. I love it. I am planing on doing 2 rounds of P90x and then move onto TurboFire. I know that I will have to exercise 5-6 days a week for the rest of my life but if I live longer with my family it is worth it.

Replies

• tamanella
    tamanella Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP Kayla!! Feel free to add me as a friend if you'd like! I love to be a sense of support for others and I always appreciate the friendship given back! You'll love it here!
  • julie737
    julie737 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    Welcome! You've come to the right place! You're welcome to add me--I'm from Utah, too!
  • Illuminate
    Options
    Hi Kayla! I always wanted to try P90X. I have only been here a few days but so far I love it and I an sure you will too! :happy:
  • Simone1970
    Options
    Welcome Kayla! Sounds like you are on the right path to being healthy. I think you will really like MFP, it really helps me stay accountalbe for what I eat. I'll send you a friend request. It's good to surround yourself with friends that will encourage you in your weight loss journey. Wishing you the best!

Simone
  • brindle619
    Options
    hey kayla.
    Im Brandon, Also new to the site. I can tell you though there is great support here. Post any question and your sure to get a response. Keep fighting the fight, you can do it!
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    HI Kayla, I'm new to this site too.. Welcome, and let's get fit for life.. You can do it..
    Lynn
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome,mfp is great for support and keeping track of your food. Keep at it and you will soon see results. :-)
  • Rubie81
    Rubie81 Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla, and welcome!
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla, You don't have to beat yourself up. Many of us have been/are where you are. I've stopped and stared many time and read a great deal about nutrition and dieting. I'm clued in, but haven't always followed what I know to help (sometimes psychological) (emotional eating). But, I'm here for you and will be there and try to help you in any way I can. You can do this! There are many wonderful people on this website, who are willing and able to help as well. If you'd like to be friends, I'd love to. I've got a great group of friends who are trying to accomplish the same thing we are - and THEY'RE DOING IT! Good luck! I believe in you! By the way what is P90X?
  • heather7marie
    heather7marie Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kayla! This site is so motivational and everyone is supportive. Best of luck in reaching your goals! Feel free to add me.
  • daniran
    daniran Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP, Kayla! This site is so motivational and everyone is supportive. Best of luck in reaching your goals! Feel free to add me.

You look great! Where's the weight?
  • bcweisen
    bcweisen Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Kayla-
    I am SO proud of you. I'm lucky to have you as a friend in real life, too. So call me often and we can keep eachother motivated. For variety we should try eachothers' workouts 1 day a week. That'll also give us an excuse to see eachother more regularly ;)

Bethany
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I am Kayla, a mother of 3 children, a wife to a wonderful man, a 32 year old who has had enough of being OBESE!!
    I am 5 ft 2 1/2 inches tall and 222.4 lbs and wear a size 16-18, when I was in high school I was about 150 and wore a size 9, when I got married I was about 175 and a size 10/12. Then I went on birth control and that made me crazy I went to the Dr and he put me on Meds that made me gain weight rapidly 30lbs in 3 weeks. It also caused me to lose my mind or so I thought. I spent a week in the hospital, I stopped my med and birth control and I was fine/ Imagine that!! LOL! Well I was never able to lose that weight. I started to have babies and lost weight while prego but gained them all back and more while nursing. SO here I am at 32 and I want to be a roll model for my kids. I want to be happy with my weight.
    I started P90X at the end of January and man what changes I have seen in 60 days. I do my best and forget the rest. I love it. I am planing on doing 2 rounds of P90x and then move onto TurboFire. I know that I will have to exercise 5-6 days a week for the rest of my life but if I live longer with my family it is worth it.

Congratulations!!! I am single with tons of free time, yet I can't do P90x for 1:15 a day. That is something to be proud of.