flat butt, big gut

Options
I have a genetic problem! I have the butt of my mother's side of the family. It is SO FLAT that you can't tell where my back stops and my rear begins or where my rear ends and my legs begin.
All of my flab is in the stomach area. Does anyone else have the pancake butt that you can't do anything about and your weight only in the stomach?
Can anyone give me any advice on how to loose the flabby tummy. I am worried that I will always have a tummy bulge issue because of the genetics.
......Wish I woulda got my Dads butt! :tongue:

Replies

• Mbrower158
    Options
    Girl, I have the exact same problem!:ohwell:
  • kfortenberry89
    Options
    If you find out the answer...please let me know! lol I'm in the same boat:(
  • eeeekie
    eeeekie Posts: 1,011 Member
    Options
    *raises hand* ME ME ME! lol...

as a teenager my mom and sister would tease me about my butt. They'd hold up a pan (the flat side) and laugh lol...mean! :P

It doesn't help that I have a shelf on my butt either...can't wait to lose that and see what happens to my butt!
  • pekochan74
    Options
    I have that problem too. Plus I have thin arms and legs but a HUGE waist. Buying clothes is a nightmare! At one point, I thought about shopping at the maternity store. UGH!
    If anyone has a solution, please pass it on. Thanks =)
  • abyssfully
    abyssfully Posts: 410 Member
    Options
    As for the butt: squats and lunges to build muscle in that area!

As for the gut: eating well, cardio and strength training.
  • princess4mimi
    Options
    One of my MFP Philosophers once said "The FIRST place (area) you gain weight, is also the LAST place (area) you will lose weight in...." Having said that "Jillian Michaels" anything related to Abs works for everyone I've ever spoken to online or in person. AND Squats and Lunges are great for toning up the Butt muscles that help to form that "Posterior/BUTT" Good Luck :-)
  • demickmon
    Options
    I do know that the sugar substitute in diet sodas can make you appear to be bloated. Even though they seem to be healthier because of the fewer calories and fewer sugars. My mom had a problem with this. She has lost a good amount after kicking the soda habit.
  • cng1117
    cng1117 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I like to refer to them (as well as my own) as having a "deer butt" its flat, wide and white. lol lol And unfortunately genetic, and apparently is capable of skipping generations :/ my mother has a round bubble butt and I got my grandmothers. what the heck? But seriously though, ive heard that doing butt clenches, man that sounds weird, is supposed to help add a little curve, and am hoping like crazy that once my belly goes down the flatness of my butt won't be so noticeable.
  • LYNNPETTY93
    Options
    Hi, I'm new here... And I just saw your post...
    I don't have a flat butt.. What I have is a ROUND onion.
    I'm sure you all heard Sir-Mix-Alot.. Baby got back..
    Try growing up with hearing that one.. Or Cameo Doing the BUTT...

Anyway.... I lose all my weight in my mid-section first, and I use to have flab issues.
    Now the flab- isn't that bad. It's working out nicely. I have to give credit to up hill and down hill walks and 6inches..
    6inches, is where you lay flat on the floor and lift both legs 6inches off the floor.. hold to a count of 10 and then
    lower them back down to the floor.. NOW! I have started to lift my legs up to 360degrees and holding for a count of 10 and lowering them down in 2 counts, but here is where you get a 2nd count of 10 in.. On the first drop down "half way" hold and count to 10. You can build yourself with these, but my suggestion is to do only 8 and build up to 25 a day.. And just add 2 more to your reps as you get stronger.. Try it.. It works on the lower pooch... Oh, and if you can't do 10 counts.. Go for 5 or 6 and work your way up to a count of 10...
  • Dreamcyn
    Dreamcyn Posts: 12
    Options
    I'm trying the same things mentioned for my jiggly tummy; crunches and cardio, plus eating more veggies than fats and carbs. For my butt (it's not too flat but it's definitely starting to get flabby) I do the lunges and squats that someone else mentioned. Good luck!
  • feelingalone
    Options
    Thank you for your reply.....I am going to try it and see what happens. :flowerforyou:
  • feelingalone
    Options
    I actually do this 1 legged now as I have severe back issues and can't do both legs at one time. THANK YOU SO MUCH! I am feeling a difference everywhere even though you don't actually SEE a difference.