Interesting fact about pop

Options
I didn't know this but both diet pop and regular pop make you gain weight. Of course regular pop does because its loaded with sugar and sugar turns to carb and carbs to fat ( most of us know that)..

BUT

Regular and diet pop have one thing in common. They're CARBONATED.

Carbonation stretches your stomach out allowing you to eat more and not feel full.

So when you drink pop with your meal regular OR diet you will probably end up eating more because you have more room.

Interesting :)

Replies

• jamainicole
    Options
    I didn't know this but both diet pop and regular pop make you gain weight. Of course regular pop does because its loaded with sugar and sugar turns to carb and carbs to fat ( most of us know that)..

BUT

Regular and diet pop have one thing in common. They're CARBONATED.

Carbonation stretches your stomach out allowing you to eat more and not feel full.

So when you drink pop with your meal regular OR diet you will probably end up eating more because you have more room.

Interesting :)
  • EvilPIB
    EvilPIB Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    WOW, I never thought about it that way. Thanks for the info
  • Mahlia
    Mahlia Posts: 190
    Options
    Whoa, that's freaky.

Thanks for the info! I've been wondering why my stomach turned into a bottomless pit...
  • Khaluhacat
    Options
    I have also been told that pop has high levels of acid, which over the long term the acid depletes the calcium in your diet... I am assuming calcium is used to neutralize the acid. But anyway calcium levels are in such high use from the acid in the pops, that the body leaches calcium from the bones to make up the difference. And because of that scientist have found that drinking soda leads to higher increases in osteoperosis, and bones becoming less dense.
  • connieq288
    connieq288 Posts: 1,102 Member
    Options
    I never knew that about the carbonation but I dont drink anything carbonated anyhow. That is my rule now. Just water and juice and I have only had once iced tea since doing this 2 months ago. And I was a dr pepper and pepsi junkie.

Connie