Workout music...

Options
I'm looking for new music to listen to while working out/running. Most of the time I will just watch ESPN at the gym but when I'm outdoors I almost always have my ear buds in. So yeah, what kind of tunes are guys burning calories to these days?

Replies

• Court2180
    Court2180 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was wondering that myself. I need something upbeat to get me moving faster! I usually hit shuffle but then have to keep messing with it because a slow song will come on.
  • emaybe
    emaybe Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Totally embarrassed to say it, but Katy Perry's "Firework" has been at the top of my playlist this last week... also a bunch of Outkast and David Bowie... oh, and Tom Jones' "Sex Bomb", but mostly because it makes me laugh.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    I like Tic Tok.. keisha
    S&M Rihanna
    those 2 really get me moving
    Eye of the tiger is an oldie but def a goodie!!
  • AdoraK
    AdoraK Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I downloaded .997 music to my phone. You can pick music from the 70, 80, or 90 and some other choices.
  • sandram82
    sandram82 Posts: 615 Member
    Options
    Heres a link to another thread that has lots of suggestions also!!

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/197665-favorite-workoiut-song
  • melbhall
    melbhall Posts: 519
    Options
    Some of my favorite workout songs are:

1901-Phoenix

Breakeven--Script

Misty Mountain Hop--Led Zeppelin

Headsprung--LL Cool J

American Girl--Tom Petty

Where's Your Head At--Basement Jaxx

Any upbeat Justin Timberlake/ or Snoop song, and I have to admit any U2, Tom Petty or Led Zeppelin can usually get me through. I know it's a pretty random list, but I'm a pretty random person so it fits my style!
  • joshort123
    Options
    Thanks for the link. Zeppelin and Bowie are definitely good choices that I had over looked. Good suggestions! Keep 'em coming...

On my playlist right now is:
    Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
    Baile Funk
    Diplo
    and oddly enough the latest Pearl Jam record seemed to keep me moving even with a handful of mellower song.

I know Nike does a collaboration effort with artists called "Original Run." I think I'll add a couple of those for this week.
  • Mayorga160
    Options
    I usually listen to some hip-hop... usually the newer artists like Wiz Khalifa.

other than that, the majority of my workout music is rock.

On a CD i burned, i have:

Linkin Park - Wretches And Kings, The Catalyst, Blackout
    Rise Against - Audience Of One
    Avenged Sevenfold - Unholy Confessions

Some more but I can't think of them off the top of my head/....
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    I was going to say Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings!! I ran 2 miles last week, first time ever in my life, all thanks to Ms. Sharon Jones.

I also really like Devotchka, Man Man and YACHT. Those are my gym standbys. Beirut is my cooldown.
  • ImperfektAngel
    ImperfektAngel Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    Baby I'm A Star - Prince
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Oh, and Tom Waits! Mule Variations has a lot of great songs that make me want to move. My fav Devotchka is How it Ends. The song Twenty-Six temptations has been on my running playlist for at least a year.
  • dfinch3327
    Options
    AC/DC and play it loud.
  • eirhtug
    eirhtug Posts: 4
    Options
    I'm a big fan of sexy ***** by akon. Makes me laugh while running. I also listen to a lot of hale storm and shinedown. Shinedown has a great song called devour. Really aggressive an gets me going.
  • joshort123
    Options
    Well played, Samerah12.
  • calliope_music
    calliope_music Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    anything by Rihanna, Ke$ha, or Britney Spears. sad, i know. also, i use Pandora on my iPhone a lot.
  • Court2180
    Court2180 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I think I'm the ONLY person on the planet that does not have an IPOD or something like it but I use Pandora on my smartphone and it's just as good I think. Thanks for all the suggestions!!
  • Zaggytiddies
    Zaggytiddies Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just a few...
    Adele- Rollin In the deep and Rumor has it
    Flogging Molly- Swagger (and others)
    Primus- Wynona's Big Brown Beaver
    Smashing Pumpkins- Zero
  • ashayshay23
    Options
    Girl Talk- All Day
    HAnds down the BEST running music evah!! You can download it free from the website. He is a dj that mixes hip hop with 80s and 90s music and rock. Good stuff, awesome beat. Lotsa cussing, beware!!