Need some help

Options
Hello. I'm new here. I am in need of advice. I have been working out every day since January and I lost 20 lbs. I stopped loosing about 3 weeks ago. i have been working out like crazy and I've come to the conclusion that I've hit a plateau. I know the reason. I'm not eating enough. I don't know how to add the extra calories to my diet. This is my typical food intake. Breakfast: 1/3 oatmeal, 1/2 cup almond milk, small banana, 1 tbs honey, 2 tbs ground flaxseed.(between breakfast and lunch I work out.) Lunch: Syntha-6 protein shake. Snack: i have 2% string cheese and an apple or 1/2 cup cottage cheese with 1/2 cup Kashi Go Lean. Dinner: Chicken breast, 1/2 cup brown rice, veggies. And of course water through out the day. So, what I really need help with is I need to up my food intake and I don't know how to do that. Can some one please help me out? I've read that some people eat small meals through the day. Can someone also give me an example of that? Thanks so much.

Replies

• ForTheFam
    ForTheFam Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    keep using the goals set in your food diary. carbs are my nemisis and i try to stay below goal on those and sugar. you can add columns to track and add more meals so you can track small portions throughout the day. add me as friend if you want to see my diary and how i am doing this journey. above all...remember how much better you feel now than you did before you started.
  • Cilenia
    Cilenia Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    You might want to open your food diary so we can have a look and give you better advice:)
  • CallousMalice
    Options
    Okay, well when I first went on my diet, it was all about replacing the junk I usually ate with healthier things.
    i.e. Cheez doodles --> Snapea Crisps
    White bread
    > wheat or honey wheat
    Sugar ----> honey

etc, etc you get the idea. So maybe if you just need more calories, you can do the opposite.
    i.e. Brown rice ----> White rice
    2% String cheese
    > Whole milk or those AWESOME babybel gouda things which I repeat are AWESOME
    Add maple syrup to your oatmeal.
    Ditch the protein shake for lunch and eat FOOD.
    GoLean meals are gross. Cook for yourself or get a hungry man meal. If you need any more advice, let me know. Seriously, if there's one thing I know, it's how to eat fat. lol