soo cold when eating!

Options
Has anyone expierenced being reallly cold while eating? i guess i am just cold all the time but as i am eating i get goosebumps even!

Replies

• JennsLosing
    JennsLosing Posts: 1,026
    Options
    not when eating but sometimes i get a chill down my back when i drink ice cold water
  • bjshooter
    bjshooter Posts: 1,174 Member
    Options
    Yes I get this, well right after eating, thought it was just me.
  • mrsdstarks
    Options
    I heard that it has something to do with your blood rushing to your stomach to digest your food. Not sure though.
  • andreapbaker
    Options
    I was told once that when you eat or right after eating your circulation shifts to your stomach and digestion process. That shift makes your circulation decrease in your extremities (arms and legs) which leads to you being more cold. I dont know how accurate this is.... but thats what Ive experienced also when eating...
  • thisisjulz
    Options
    It happens for me right after I eat, I always thought it was because you are digesting.
  • WifeMomDVM
    WifeMomDVM Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    I recently read that people who get cold after/during eating may have a thyroid problem. You may want to consider that and ask your doctor.
  • sehncw99
    sehncw99 Posts: 73
    Options
    I recently read that people who get cold after/during eating may have a thyroid problem. You may want to consider that and ask your doctor.

that could be it because i just had labs done and my thyroid was a little low, but she just wants to check it in 4 months so that could be it. thank you
  • sbwood888
    sbwood888 Posts: 953 Member
    Options
    I heard that it has something to do with your blood rushing to your stomach to digest your food. Not sure though.

I heard this, too.
  • sehncw99
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!
  • anubis609
    anubis609 Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    I don't... but that's because I put hot sauce on almost all of my food. =P
  • Atlantique
    Atlantique Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    I'm the opposite- I get warm when I eat. Like warm enough that I'm stripping off layers!
  • DimenaZhena
    DimenaZhena Posts: 102
    Options
    Good! I'm not alone!! lol
  • sehncw99
    Options
    lol i thought i was the only one too! glad i'm not, i was getting worried!
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Nine times out of ten I do get cold and shiver after eating... you are not alone :)

I'll edit to add that mainly goes for larger meals, not the little ones throughout the day.
  • pollysunshine
    Options
    I warm up after I eat. I would say that I'm going through menopause & that's the reason, but I have always been like this...I thought that I get warm because my body is burning the food & it warms me up (always made sense to me) ... reading the other explanations though, gave me pause ... the thyroid explanation makes the most sense & would explain why I feel warm & you feel cold.