some food advice pls...

Options
this is me just starting on here, can any rec the best way for using my cals? foods to avoid etc and best foods wen eating out?

Replies

• kacarter1017
    kacarter1017 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    Try to eat whole grain, complex carbohydrates, low fat proteins (chicken, fish, healthy nuts, yogurt, eggs), LOTS of veggies, fruits. I recommend checking the restaurant's nutritional information online. Many chain restaurants do provide that information. Otherwise, choose foods that are grilled, baked, with no sauces etc. It may be better to get a steak (and eat 4-6 oz of it) than a chicken dish that's slathered in a sauce. Don't eat the bread that comes with salad unless you've planned that into your calories for the day. Stay away from cream sauces and cream soups. Look for veggie based sauces (tomato) and broth based soups.
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    tks for your help its all good advice! im just stuck so hard on loosing my last stone from having my baby 10mths ago and hoping a change in diet will help :)
  • FatDoctor
    FatDoctor Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    The best food you can spend your calorie allowance is so called healthy foods - low fat, low carbohydrates, high in fibre, protein and vitamins goodies. Such as fruit, vegetables, lean meat and fish, low fat milk de privates. Dig inn!
    The best food for me when eating out are: low fat soups (minestrone etc..) and salads. Water to drink. Good luck!
  • ashey1
    ashey1 Posts: 36
    Options
    tks again :)