URGHHHH.

Options
I keep getting to 168lbs, giving up and coming back up to 175lbs.

I want to lose 35lbs by August 1st. Who's game to help me?

Replies

• Elle408
    Elle408 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    That was me two years ago! It's definitely definitely doable! 175 was my highest ever weight and it would scare me when I got to that point that I was losing control of myself, it was always the buffer I needed to lose weight... would lose around 10lbs and then give up! Then I had my 'lightbulb' moment and it's been a pretty steady two year effort to get to my now, lowest ever weight! Just don't ever give up! Even if you go off the rails for days/weeks, it's always worth getting right back on it!
  • hoosha61
    hoosha61 Posts: 11
    Options
    Totally here for you! You can do it. Just stay positive and good results will follow.
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
  • pontprennau
    pontprennau Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna bet you go from starving yourself to eating like a horse? I used to do it and used to yoyo back and forth for ages :(

eating sensibly 5 days a week and relaxing a BIT at weekends (combined with more exercise at weekends) works for me currently, as long as I'm not gaining I'm happy to lose or even sustain weight.

Buy a bike!!!! The taff trail is AWESOME :)
  • bekkyhughes
    Options
    I think I become very strict then just binge like crazy when I come off. My mum used to do it all the time when I grew up and I learnt it from her. I'm awful for it.

I'm thinking of getting a bike as my house next year is 20 minutes from the uni as opposed to less than 5. My hometown back onto the seven bridge which is always good to ride across and back. I have extra motivation to get back because then I'm leaving England!
  • p222
    p222 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hey. I'm in a similar place. Except a year ago, I lost 25 lbs. and then gained it all back! I would lose 5 then gain 10... My highest weight was 175 lbs. and I felt like I was absolutely spiraling out of control. So, now I"m back to being less extreme and more consistent. I had 35 lbs. to lose total, and am down 5 now. I'd love to join you with the goal to lose the rest by August.