Protein powder?

Options
angelzxy321
angelzxy321 Posts: 1,019 Member
I am looking for some new ways to add more protein to my diet and was thinking about protein powders. Any advice from anyone who has tried this? There are so many out there I am not sure what to get and am also worried about any side effects.

Thanks.

5372297.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• pooksMS
    pooksMS Posts: 25
    Options
    i have recently been using GNC's protein powder for women and it curbs my appetite, is only 70 calories and takes ok.
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I buy mine at complete nutrition. I love adding PB2 to the choc one. I will also mix the strawberry one in with a smoothie. I haven't noticed any side affects. The one I use has a 120 calories I usually use it after workouts to help my muscles recover quicker. I also use it as a quick snack in the afternoons if I don't have time to make something.
  • jenomaha
    jenomaha Posts: 631 Member
    Options
    My favorite is Max Pro Chocolate Pute Protein Powder. For 1 scoop (35 g) it's 130 cals, 1 g fat, 4 g carbs and 30 g of protein. Every morning I have 1/2 a scoop in each of my 2 cups of coffee. After weights, I have a protein shake (just milk or water and a full scoop of powder) or in the afternoon/evenings if I want a treat, I make a shake...

ice, scoop of protein, blueberries, 2 tbsp ground flax seed if I need the calories, milk and/or tbsp of peanut butter...mix in my bullet and it's a delicious, frothy shake!!!

I haven't noticed any side effects, I've been using protein powder for 2 years now.

Apex Fit 100% Protein is another I like...

Hope this helps!
  • pebbles63
    Options
    hi i have been using GNC 100% whey protein for a year now an never switched its 20 grams of high quality protein source i sub every morining for bk iam not a morning eater never was so i use it in my 2nd cup of coffee in the am an when i skip a meal iam always on the go running the resort cant get meals in on time an they say no more then 20 gm per meal so i do this. i feel good. never had a bad experance with it or side effects i no the higher you go in the mg the more weight you can put on.an beleave me i have lived off this stuff without eating food this is not good but i am a inpaient person i should be down 100lb by now only taking off 2 to 3 lb a week. i hope this might of helped you a little talk with you next time . GOOD LUCK !!!