P90x diet and MFP

Options
I completed my first week of P90x this week and I chose to follow a 40/30/30 ratio diet of 1500-1700 cals per day. As of today I lost 4 pounds. I haven't done my measurements (will do Mon). I was looking back at my past weeks food logs and realized that MFP add more macronutrients to the daily total if you add your exercises. I knew it added the calories but I really hadn't paid attention to the carbs/fats/protiens- was just looking at the bottom line. Is there a way I can change this so it doesn't add it back? If not I will wait to log my workout at the end of the day (just before I complete that day's log).. Ugghhh, I know it was ok this past week, I just wish I would have caught that sooner!!!! :ohwell:

Replies

• veggeslady
    Options
    I did not notice that!! Well I am on Phase 3 and all I can say is eat enough food to keep you going. If you do not eat enough you will not lose weigh, it happened to me and then I got stuck at the same weight for a long time. now that I started here I am doing much better with it all.
  • crystal12241208
    crystal12241208 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the help/advice. I try to stay around 1500-1700 cals/day! If I don't I will not lose anything. Have you seen a major difference with P90x? In the past (to maintain or lose) I ran. I have a bum knee now (long story) so running is out and I am trying the program. I really didn't expect to lose much the first month (just inches) but I can't wait to see the results at the end of the 90.. :)
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I posted about this in the tech support section. I didn't realize they would change, along with calories, after you entered exercise! I thought the website and my phone just weren't "talking" to each other. It makes sense, in a way, that they would change, since the macro/micro nutrient amounts are percentages of calories. Hence, more calories, more macro/micro nutrients. But fiber, too? I have mine set for 25g, then at the end of the day when I check it, it says my goal is like, 42g! That's a lot of fiber!

Thank you for posting this question, though. Now I know it's not a problem with MFP, it's because of exercise.

I just finished round 1 of P90X, and now I'm doing Insanity. Best of luck to you!
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,712 Member
    Options
    You could opt not to log your workouts if you don't need the calorie burn factored in, which is what I do, or you could change the calories burned for each workout to zero. That way you'd still have a the workouts in your diary if that's important to you without adding the calories to your daily goal.

Enjoy P90X! I've done it three times, but it's been a while. I'm doing a modified version of Slim Series, including workouts from Yoga Booty Ballet and Slim In 6, but I'm going to do a modified, abbreviated version of P90X beginning May 2. I'm craving the heavier lifting that I don't get from what I'm currently doing.
  • crystal12241208
    Options
    zand- I just wish I had the option of somehow turning off (not sure it that is the right word) the amounts that MFP adds because of exercise. I sort of understand the reasoning for adding earned excercise cals and micro/maco nutrients but I know how much of each I need to eat. Oh well, I guess the remedy to my problem is to add the exercise in after I have added everything to my food diary (for daily purposes)!

Jilly- Yeah I like to see my workouts logged so I guess I will just log at the end of the day opposed to the beginning. And most of the time I have my meals/snacks planned out so I can keep up with it. I wish I would have caught it sooner though. My bad!!:smile:
  • zandhmom75
    zandhmom75 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Or, like PJilly posted, put "0" as the number of calories burned. I eat my exercise calories, so if I'm eating a higher number of calories because I exercised, those calories are going to have fat, carbs, and protein. Are you still able to keep the exact amounts for these nutrients, after you exercise? I hope that's not confusing.:flowerforyou:
  • crystal12241208
    Options
    zand- I am trying to stay as close as possible to the 40/30/30 ratio within a 1500-1700 diet (just because I am not following the P90x diet/meal plan) everyday. I only have one non exercise day (that I do the stretch dvd). P Jilly 's idea of entering 0 cals will work also. I hadn't thought about that. I just thought I might be missing a setting that I could change the additional calories due to exercise.