Do you think Sea Salt retains Water?

Options
HI Everyone,
I switched to sea salt and I use it quite frequently so I am wondering if it might retain water like regular salt...anyone know for sure?

Replies

• Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    They have roughly the same amount of sodium, so yes, I'd imagine it would. However, I think sea salt is a better option since (to me) the flavor is more intense, so you use less.
  • Luckymam
    Luckymam Posts: 300
    Options
    Salt is salt. Sorry!
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/advantages-of-sea-salt.html

I have a friend that carries a small container of sea salt with her so when she eats out she tell them no added salt and uses the sea salt.

I was surprised the advantages when I just read this.
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    yuck okay thanks...I luv salt so this will be a challenge:sad:
  • katiemeridien
    Options
    I love salt too! What you should do, is try to use more pepper instead of salt. Using pepper first and a little salt after goes a long way. and will help add taste without retaining water..

Also.. water, water, water... drink as much as you can if you're a salty eater.. it'll flush out the excess sodium from your body.. but you'll be peeing like madness.
  • Coyla
    Coyla Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Sea salt is essentially the same as any salt. There is no reason why it would be better except for its coarseness, which makes it harder to coat the food in the salt.

Salt isn't the devil, but like everything, it's best taken in moderation.
  • LuvLeigh42
    LuvLeigh42 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    http://www.buzzle.com/articles/advantages-of-sea-salt.html

I have a friend that carries a small container of sea salt with her so when she eats out she tell them no added salt and uses the sea salt.

I was surprised the advantages when I just read this.

wow I just read that article and I loved the information...thanks soooo much...I def feel better about using sea salt, now I just have to make sure Im using unrefined sea salt...thanks again:flowerforyou:
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Salt is salt. Sorry!

Not really
  • Grokette
    Grokette Posts: 3,330 Member
    Options
    Sea salt is essentially the same as any salt. There is no reason why it would be better except for its coarseness, which makes it harder to coat the food in the salt.

Salt isn't the devil, but like everything, it's best taken in moderation.

It is better because it contains trace minerals found in the sea (one reason we should be eating sea vegetables) and a little bit goes a long way, so essentially you will use way less sea salt than regular table salt.
  • TurboJenn
    TurboJenn Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    teaspoon for teaspoon course sea salt is lower in sodium as your getting less salt overall.