Leslie Sanon 3mile walk kicked up a notch!!

Options
:smile: Morning MFP

I know there are a lot of us out there that like Leslie Sanson walking DVD's so I've decided to share my notched up version I have been doing this week. I really love doing the DVD's but sometimes feel like I'm not raising my heart rate enough so this week I decided to add my mini trampoline into the workout to see what happened. It took me awile to get into a good rhythmn without falling off but after a week I really like using it. I do pretty much the whole routine on the mini trampoline except when I need to do the side to side moves that require me to jump down on the floor and use more floor space, and the moves where you need to walk back 2 and up two paces.

I wear my HR monitor so I can watch my HR and have noticed my HR hovering around 160-165 which for me is in the 90% range for max HR. I don't feel tired or over stressed but not sure if that is a to high so sometimes I dial it down till I'm back in the 85% range which is good for calorie burn.

Hope some of you have a mini trampoline and give it a try! Let me know if anyone tried it and how they liked! Good luck.:happy: :happy: :happy:

Replies

• steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    Do you know how many more calories you burned for the same workout using the trampoline?
  • meamom123
    meamom123 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    That is a great idea! I enjoy Leslie Sansone's workouts at well. Sometimes I will jog/run to get my heart rate up. She has so many different variation's of her workouts! Now I want a trampoline...lol.
  • ITTYbitty04
    ITTYbitty04 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Do you know how many more calories you burned for the same workout using the trampoline?

It didn't seem to be much more than 75 calories. But I like it because It is helping increase my indurance and I feel like I am getting a harder workout. I'd like to get the P90 DVD's that everyone is talking about but don't wan to spend the money, I want to use the 10 or more exercise DVD's I have and try to modify the workouts to increase my calorie burn and not buy something else.:happy:
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    It took me awile to get into a good rhythmn without falling off but after a week I really like using it.
    I would totally fall off that thing in about 5 seconds! :laugh:
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options
    That is a great idea! I enjoy Leslie Sansone's workouts at well. Sometimes I will jog/run to get my heart rate up. She has so many different variation's of her workouts! Now I want a trampoline...lol.

It makes a difference to me, I feel as if I can increase my pace because of the bouncing motion of the tramploine. My knee lifts are higher and I really feel the soreness in the joints after i'm through. I lucked out last summer and got my trampoline off the trash curb. My neighbors were moving and had just put it out and I asked if I could have it! There was nothing wrong with it, the springs were still really tighg as if it had never been used. It was a great find because I think they can run about $50-70 new.

I'm going to strat getting up and doing 30 minute joggs on it in the morning too!
  • Jerzeeblondie
    Options
    that's a great idea! I currently have her 5 mile fat burning walk and sometimes feel like I'm not getting enough of a workout.... but she does include a 2 minute jog on each mile in that dvd. I was thinking of jogging more than 2 minutes or something to increase the burn, Yesterday I did the 5 mile dvd twice to increase the burn.
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options
    It took me awile to get into a good rhythmn without falling off but after a week I really like using it.
    I would totally fall off that thing in about 5 seconds! :laugh:

:ohwell: I did too! especially when I need to transition from the trampoline the the floor to do the moves that require you to move from side to side and front to back! I have been doing the DVD's for awhile now and know the routine really well so now I can just hop off and get right into the next steps Leslie is doing.

I also took out my Rebook steper and tried to incorporate it in too, but didn't have good luck with it, so will stick to using the trampoline.
  • ITTYbitty04
    Options
    that's a great idea! I currently have her 5 mile fat burning walk and sometimes feel like I'm not getting enough of a workout.... but she does include a 2 minute jog on each mile in that dvd. I was thinking of jogging more than 2 minutes or something to increase the burn, Yesterday I did the 5 mile dvd twice to increase the burn.

I just bough that one for my mom to try and wasn't sure if I liked it as much and the 3 mile walk DVD. the set i have came with a waist tension band and ankle tension bands for added resistance. compaired to the 3mile I think I burn more calories than with the 5 mile, will have to try it again and see. You know once you get used to somehting other things take a while to get you excited! Maybe I'll switch it up and do the 5 mile in the motning!
  • steffilily
    steffilily Posts: 149
    Options
    I bought myself a mini trampoline then started off with an easy 1 mile workout. My goodness! I was sweating like I had done the 2 or 3 mile workout! I could feel the areas in my leg, hips, and abs being worked out using the trampoline.