Looking for friends on 1200 cal/with open diary

Options
jeannas
jeannas Posts: 109 Member
Hi,

I just started logging on MFP on Monday March 14th (via IPAD) and didn't discover this site til later on that week..but I LOVE it. I am looking for friends who may be in the same boat as me ...40 something, married with children..looking to lose 10 to 30 pounds. I just put in for my first goal to get down to 160 from a starting wait of 173..but that is just the beginning..hopefully.

I am looking for good ideas on healthy, filling foods to help me reach my goal and I would love to share tips with you!

Send me a message telling me about yourself and goals and add me if you would like..

:wink:

Replies

• jeannas
    Options
    ooops...I meant to write "weight" not wait..I am a college grad but still zoning out..
  • ebgbjo
    ebgbjo Posts: 821 Member
    Options
    You can look at my diary if you want, I don't always eat 1200 calories though, but you can at least look at the meals and add whatever you need to (extra cheese, extra veggies, ect) to bring calories up or down as required by yourself
  • autumn13
    autumn13 Posts: 295
    Options
    I always have a fun food diary!!!!!I'm a food stalker too....lol
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    You can add me. I'm usually pretty good about lots of lean protein &veggies. DONT look at yesterday LOL, lets just say it was a BAD DAY that will not be repeated. Actually I was off most of the week. LOL
  • lulu1962
    lulu1962 Posts: 210
    Options
    I started MFP on March 14, also! You can add me as a friend if you'd like. I'm 48 years old, married and have 4 daughters. I think we have a lot in common re: kids, husband, weight loss goals!:flowerforyou:
  • MelanieB1979
    Options
    Hi there, I have roughly the same goals as you do and am on a 1200 calorie plan...I do occasionally go over, and sometimes under, but I try, and that's why we're here, right? Feel free to add me and we'll get some meal ideas from each other!
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    Hello im on 1200, been since jan. You are welcome to look at my diary,although im near enough to my new goal.i have managed to lose over 17lbs since then :-)
  • vgrimes3
    vgrimes3 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi everyone,

My husband and I are starting this today. I would love to see some of your recepis and get some good ideas. I am on the 1200 calorie diet as well.

Any advise would be appreciated

Thanks

Virginia
  • judyfurtado
    judyfurtado Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Feel free to look at my diary.
  • ginasweena
    Options
    Hi .... I'm in the same boat. Signed up on MFP last week after I bought the Insantity workout tapes and wanted to track my calories. I'm 46 and looking to lose abot 15-20 pounds. I have four children, married and I work full-time. I don't know if I've really lost anything yet because the workouts are building muscle I guess and so they said don't go by the scale yet (although I did weight in and I was the same 10 days later!)
  • K1Teacher
    K1Teacher Posts: 324 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I have a bit (quite a bit actually) more to lose than you but I keep mine at 1200. I've got 2 teenagers and getting closer to 40 every day. :wink:

Feel free to add me...
  • Tinan76
    Tinan76 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    You can add me. Dont know that yout want top take any ideas from my foods diary though. There are some bad ones on there. How do yout see other people's diary?
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    Welcome aboard!! I am on 1200 calories also but I have a little more weight to lose than you. I'm 34, married with a 12 yr old. My diary is open so feel free to add me if you like. Good luck on your journey!!!
  • jeannas
    Options
    Hi..

To view a diary, their diary needs to be open to all..or open to friends only and they have accepted your friend request..please feel free to add me as friend..I add everyone!

There are so many posts here and I have to go and cook my dear husband a healthy breakfast..so I will respond as soon as I can..

Have a great Sunday and welcome everyone!!!!!
    :smile:
  • treena99
    treena99 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!! I am currently at 1200 cal. My dairy is open as well. I have 30 more pounds to lose. Feel free to add me as a friend. :happy:
  • jquinte4
    jquinte4 Posts: 17
    Options
    I'm a little younger with no kids but I love swapping ideas with others. I just started this 2 days ago and love it. I'm at 1200 cal. per day. Looking for some people with similar geals to interact with. :)
  • Franticantics
    Options
    Mines always around 1200 :)