Need advice. Am I doing this right?

Options
Well i've been on here for almost 2 weeks now. So far i like the program. My calorie intake is 1200 according to mfp. I only work out 3 days a week. Should i still eat 1200 calories when i'm not working out ?

Replies

• ll31tCH
    ll31tCH Posts: 16
    Options
    i had this same conversation with a friend yesterday, bc if you workout to burn calories and then eat those calories why not just not workout and not eat those extra calories? i hope im being clear. i think according to the site you should eat those calories but im not sure
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Yes. 1200 calories is the minimum you should ever eat. :) You can get in some serious debates with people about eating exercise calories back. :) lol. Check out the message board old posts about it.

Good luck and welcome to MFP
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    yup :O)
    Otherwise You'll not be eating enough.
    Good Luck
    Eat your exercise calories back too
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    yes you should eat fairly close to your 1200,
    theres alot of debate on eating the extra workout calories
    some say yes, some say not necessary
    I personally eat some of them, I dont always eat them all, some people need to, others dont, you have to play with it to see what works for you
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    i had this same conversation with a friend yesterday, bc if you workout to burn calories and then eat those calories why not just not workout and not eat those extra calories? i hope im being clear. i think according to the site you should eat those calories but im not sure

You should have about 1500 or something probably but MFP already took 300 off.
    So eat your exercise calories
  • valz2000
    valz2000 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Yes, because it calculates your calorie intake based on your normal activity. The extra calories you burn from exercise are a bonus that you can either eat or not. Thats why it is so important to track everything. Feel free to add me ... Im just starting my journey on here too.
  • Evelynolga
    Options
    :smile: Thanks so much everyone. I really appreciate your responds.