Introducing myself... been here awhile...

Options
Hi, I have been here for a little bit but just wanted to introduce myself. I am 35 years old, married and have 4 children. I am a preschool teacher. I finally decided it was time to lose the weight and to change my lifestyle. My highest weight was 336. I started counting calories in mid January and then added exercise in mid February. I have also added at least 64oz of water and a multivitamin. I am a picky eater and don't eat many vegetables or fruits, so my diet is not great, but I am staying under the calories and trying to add new things. I am making healthier choices. I have lost 31 lbs so far and I am enjoying being able to see my clothes getting loose and seeing some muscles developing. I am walking 30+ minutes 5 - 6 times a week, plus doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. My first goal is to be under 300 lbs by Easter. I am only 6lbs away from that! My long term goal is is to lose 100 lbs. That would put me at 236. I haven't been that weight since I was 12!

I am looking for support and advice and encouragement. I have enjoyed reading all the words of wisdom that I have found here. I would like to find some friends on here who started out over 300lbs. I know this is going to be a long journey and I could use someone who has "been there, done that!"

Replies

• atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Any body out there?
  • kris1085
    kris1085 Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    First off congrats on your weight loss so far ! I have lost 29 so far and have 80 more to go ! I am sending you a friends request !
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hey atucker_, you got my encouragement! :)
  • jenh1101
    jenh1101 Posts: 45
    Options
    Great job on your weight loss so far! Keep it up!
  • Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    Sounds like you are doing great!!! Keep up the good work!!!
  • arg513
    arg513 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sounds like you're doing great! Good idea to make a presence for yourself on MFP, I think. I'm doing the same, in hopes of staying motivated. Add me as a friend, if you like!
  • dhiggins8
    dhiggins8 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I started out at 250 with my weight loss journey but not on here. I was about 230 when I started logging. I am down to 206 currently feel free to add m3e if you like.
  • atucker_mom
    atucker_mom Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It really is nice to have others to talk to!
  • MichelleMcWain
    MichelleMcWain Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am trying to lose around 175, but I would be so happy with just being under 200lbs.. my first goal is to be under 300.. I have 15lbs to go. Have already lost 20.5 in the past 2 weeks.. This is a great site and the app on my phone is awesome! Good luck on your journey!