Increased Bruising

Options
AndyBee
AndyBee Posts: 171 Member
Have any of you noticed an increase in bruising since working out? I've always bruised easily due to low iron, so I have been taking an iron suppliment. That helped keep it under control. However, now I'm bruising like crazy on my legs. Nowhere else though. My main workouts are elliptical training, cross trainers, spinning, Zumba, and weight machines. It seems like I work my legs more than anything else. Could the exercise actually cause the bruising?

I recently saw my doctor due to knee pain, and he said it was just basic bruising. Honestly though, I don't really think he was paying attention. So whatever. I know my body, and know this is an increase and not just "basic" bruising.

Replies

• Xandi
    Xandi Posts: 319
    Options
    I bruise easily as well but I haven't noticed bruising when I work out specifically, I usually bruise myself up at work!
  • MissTomGettingThin
    MissTomGettingThin Posts: 776 Member
    Options
    At the gym this morning I noticed a bruise on each knee, one on each thigh and a massive one on my left calf!
    Didn't even know I'd banged myself or anything!
    No idea why but suspect it's just normal.
    Or 'cause I'm seeing more of my legs!
  • merrillfoster
    merrillfoster Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge klutz and often kick myself doing things like running, etc. Could this be causing it?
  • jenh1101
    jenh1101 Posts: 45
    Options
    I've noticed that I have tons of bruises on my legs and have no idea how I got them. They don't hurt like they would if I'd run into something or anything like that. Weird!
  • AndyBee
    Options
    I don't hit anything while working out, and I don't remember running into anything on my legs. The only thing that I can think of is running into the counter at work, but that was my waist, not my legs. Most of them don't hurt and are brown. But I have a few that are pretty painful and are blue/purple. I know the brown ones are older, but I can't for the life of me think of how I got them.
  • kimber_ruth
    Options
    Pads on the weight machines?
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I've noticed that I have tons of bruises on my legs and have no idea how I got them. They don't hurt like they would if I'd run into something or anything like that. Weird!
    ditto! i just went to change and was like what the heck happend to my legs! was gona do some research, i have always bruised easy but i bet i have10-20 bruises on my legs,]
  • AndyBee
    Options
    Pads on the weight machines?

Totally makes sense! The bruises do line up with the leg curls, leg extension, and hip abductor machines. You are BRILLIANT!