Is exercise an appetite suppressor?

Options
soze
soze Posts: 604 Member
Just curious. I don't seem to be as hungry after I work out. Anyone want to explain!

Thanks!

Replies

• halphord
    halphord Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I wish....I seem to be ravenous after a workout!
  • IndigoFlowers
    IndigoFlowers Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I think it is different for everyone. I am not hungry at all after I workout even if I was hungry before I started working out. My mom on the other hand is extremely hungry after she works out.
  • tlnester
    tlnester Posts: 34
    Options
    For me it totally depends on the workout. If I run, I am not hungry. If I weight train, I seem to have a spike in my appetite!! Also, I like to workout in the a.m. and I am usually not hungry, but I will eat a little bit of fruit before so I don't run out of steam.
  • dawnkitchen
    dawnkitchen Posts: 161
    Options
    It all depends on your body. If I workout when I'm hungry, it distracts me (which usually works really well if I'm not truly hungry!). But when I'm done working out, if I don't eat within the half an hour.
  • edryer123
    edryer123 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    for me it varies too. If I'm doing weight training I am usually starving after, but just cardio I am never hungry and I usually end up forcing my self to eat a little something a couple hours later.
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I'm STARVING after a workout. I keep high fiber, high protein cereal bars in the car.
  • healthyandthin
    healthyandthin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Just curious. I don't seem to be as hungry after I work out. Anyone want to explain!

Thanks!

I'm the same way! After workout, I drink two bottles of 16 fl oz water and I'm bloated for a couple hours! However after 10pm or so I start to crave food. I'm not sure if that has to do with increased workout time or just a habit of eating at night.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    No, it is an appetite invigorator. It'll catch up with you, how do you feel at the END of the Day...need a "little more fuel."
  • esq2man
    esq2man Posts: 30
    Options
    I don't think it suppresses appetite, but it reduces your stress level, which reduces nervous eating.
  • shreddingit
    shreddingit Posts: 1,133 Member
    Options
    me either! its great