I'm new :)

Options
Hii. I'm new here and figured I'd introduce myself and hopefully make some friends. I'm Kristin. I'm 18 and I'm from Massachusetts. I'm in college for business. I run a small business making and selling jewlery. I've always been overweight but I'm at my heaviest now, and I really need to change the way I do things. I currently walk around a mile and a half 6 days a week, somedays more. My goal weight is between 130 and 135. I'm at 205 right now. I have a pretty decent diet, I just need more motivation to exercise. I'd love to meet some people to maybe chat once in a while to help keep each other motivated. I'm looking forward to meeting you! :) Hope you're all having a good day.

Kristin.

Replies

• anesbitt05
    anesbitt05 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I would be happy to join you in your weight loss journey! I once weighed 200 lbs as well and I know how difficult it can be.
  • maximuslupus
    Options
    Sup?

I can tell you, you probably won't see a lot of guys on this website.
  • jlyuncker
    Options
    Hi there -
    I"m new here also, but enjoying this site...it does help me track my food and my excercise - which sometimes surprises me with how much I eat, or workout. I also walk about a mile and a half a day and do a cardio workout in the mornings. I have recently lost 68 lbs, but still have 30 more to go. These last 30 lbs. are taking forever to get off!!!

Good luck and I look forward to hearing from you anytime you want!!!
    Have a happy day!
    Jan
  • LiL_MisS_C
    LiL_MisS_C Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Hi Kristin, Nice to meet you. I'm in the same boat, so hopefully we can motivate each other. :)
  • mizzamy23
    Options
    :happy: : hi kristin im amy im 33 from texas i started at 250lbs :cry: i have tried many times to lose weight but have failed i 2 had no motivation but 2day is 2weeks since i started and i have lost 6lbs thus far!!!! im super motivated this time around and my goal weight is 130 as well im short 5-2 so fat really stands out on me... hope we can be friends and shed the lbs 2gether
  • shart135
    shart135 Posts: 5
    Options
    Hi Kristin, my daughter who is about your age and I are working together. She sounds a lot like you. Use the calorie tracker and start purchasing some foods for which there are clear portion sizes and calories. Once you start to see what a true portion size is and how many calories that equates to, you can start to eat better. Good nutrition will account for upwards to 80% of your weight loss. Obviously, regular exercise, will also help you burn additional calories. For the amount of weight you want to lose, you should be on a 1,200 to 1,400 a day calorie plan. Assuming you do not have any pre-existing medical problems, you should incorporate a multi-vitamin with calcium and iron. Although you walk a lot, you really need to raise your heart rate for a sustained period of 25 to 30 minutes to burn calories. So, maybe you could power walk, or join a gym to utilize a treadmill or better yet an elliptical. Lastly, watch those "liquid" calories. Juice, milk, alcohol, Gatorade...are all extremely caloric. Good old water and a cup or two of skim or low fat milk should be your goal. Lots and lots of water! Although diet soda's and other diet drinks do not have the sugar and calories, artificial sweeteners are not healthy. Eat a serving of fresh fruit and/or vegetables with every meal or snack. Veggies better as they are lower in natural sugars. Eat lean proteins like chicken and fish. Starvation is never the solution, so make sure you eat a minimum of 3 meals a day. Ideally eating 4 smaller meals would be best. Good luck and welcome!