Low cal tortilla chips-easy

Options
veniceit
veniceit Posts: 112 Member
I stumbled across this by accident. I love salsa and chips, and even when you count out your chips, it's hard to stick with the it sometimes. I took a tortila out of the freezer and put it in the microwave, I only meant to leave it in for 15 seconds or so but totally forgot. When it was done the thing puffed up into a ball and was hard, so I cracked it open and ate the pieces with some hummas and tzatiki, would work great with chips too.

1 weight watchers tortilla (100 Cal) microwave for 1 minute (from frozen).

I liked that you can only eat what you make, so you put 1 or 2 in and that's it. Low cal and you can load up on the salsa, 'cause that parts good for you.

I haven't seen many low cal tortilla chops her in Canada, but will keep my eye's open. I love using these for sand which wraps as well.

I also had some pita bread that's only 140 cals each, and deff more then enough for a nice sandwich or snack.

Ven

Replies

• k_b_fit
    k_b_fit Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    This sounds awesome! I have a jar of salsa sitting in my fridge but I have no "healthy" chips to go with it.
    Thanks!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Awesome ! Thanks for sharing!
  • Vrooman
    Vrooman Posts: 4
    Options
    There are so many options with the tortillas! I have either baked them or heated them on the stove, to crisp them, and use as a base for pizza. Adding a low-fat sour cream, chicken, spinach and artichokes makes a great dinner with a bit of a crunch. Texture has so much to do with it.
  • brocksmom
    brocksmom Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the idea, I tried cooking them on the stove and left them to get hard, they just got rubbery, this was much better.:bigsmile:

Karen