Please help! I need low carb recipes!

Options
I need to keep my carbs to below 35 a meal and I am failing! Everything is full of carbs and I'm getting really frustrated. I was planning on having an all-vegie stir fry for dinner tonight. Yeah, that's not anywhere near as good as you would think. For a normal diet, its great, but carbs are everywhere and I have no idea how to do this. Please if you have any recipes or resources, please please please send them to me. Thanks!

Replies

• beethedreamer
    beethedreamer Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    im having the same problem, so i look forward to suggestions people may have.
  • EDesq
    EDesq Posts: 1,527 Member
    Options
    I would try Google for sites or go to Recipe.com or FoodTV.com...you really have to be Pro-Active in your process.
  • 6Janelle13
    6Janelle13 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    i don't do low carb perfectly but i found a few simple changes to every day staples have helped me get through it.
    i love tortillas and found that smart and delicious brand tortillas have a high fiber low fat low carb that is awesome. all my cheeses are reduced fat. Almost every wheat or grain i use is whole grain. my issue is never carbs but sugar. if you pre plan your daily meals and then also don't forget working out 35 carbs a meals shouldn't be such an issue.

oh and i forgot to mention both portion control- critical for this process and also if you want the stir fry can you leave off the rice or sauces to cut and save where you can. many recipes on this site do just that. just a thought
  • Grammie68
    Options
    I have a great website that I use for weekly recipes with shopping lists. I would love to send you a sample menu for this week (its a pdf file). You can check the website out yourself if you'd like. It's : www.savingdinner.com
    The information provided is awesome. I hope you like it as much as I do =)
  • michelleinpa
    michelleinpa Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Spaghetti squash - you can have two full cups for only 84 calories TOTAL and 20g's of carbs. I use a half cup of Hunts Classic sauce (50 calories and 10g's of carbs) with 1/4 cup of Sargento Shredded Reduced fat Mozzarella Cheese (70 calories and only 1 g of carbs). Its my new favorite meal - I spread it all out on the plate, cover with sauce and melt the cheese on top.. Only 204 calories and 31 carbs. YUM
  • SP0472
    SP0472 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    This is my "go-to" site for low carb meal ideas:

http://genaw.com/lowcarb/recipes.html
  • katschy
    Options
    Atkins.com is entirely low-carb, and without resorting to their brand-name products they still have lots of recipes for low-carb living.
  • LastFighter
    LastFighter Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I dont recommend the low carb lifestyle but my favourite low carb item is cheese. Specifically cheese kurd unfortunately its rediculously expensive(at least here in Canada).
  • Sara2525
    Sara2525 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Here is a site with some pretty low carb recipes: http://mysite.verizon.net/vze4n46b/lc/fish.htm#f2
  • Guinivere
    Guinivere Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    Remember carbs in veggies are good natural carbs that our bodies can process - it's the complex carbs and procesed carbs that our bodies struggle with and store as fat.

Remember eating like a cave-man or cave-girl WORKS! veggies, fruits, fish and meat........ our bodies evolved to process these foods.

Best of luck! :happy:
  • aeevr
    aeevr Posts: 34
    Options
    type "low-carb recipes" into google.

Here's a great one though:
    http://www.genaw.com/lowcarb/index.html
  • scagneti
    scagneti Posts: 707 Member
    Options
    When I did low carb years and years ago, I'd have fried eggs and bacon for breakfast, macadamian nuts for a snack, either a big salad with meat, egg, cheese & regular dressing (or sometimes just olive oil & cider vinegar) or chicken salad lettuce wraps (chicken & mayo combined and wrapped in lettuce) with things like celery and some cream cheese or cheddar cheese for snacks. Dinner was usually bbqed steak/hamburger patty/sausages/chicken with a big side of steamed cauliflower, broccoli, green beans or salad (if I didn't have one for lunch) and sugar free jello for dessert (with Nutriwhip). I'd also make "mocktato salad" which is just potato salad with cauliflower instead of potatoes (the rest of the prep is the same).

It was too boring to live on regularly, but the weight melted off. I'm thinking of going on it for June before my trip on the 22nd to get the last of the weight off.
  • Calicar
    Calicar Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Here are two recipes that may help and they are pretty tasty.

Zucchini with Lemon and Parmesan ~

2 medium zucchini, sliced paper-thin lengthwise
    3 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan
    1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
    1 teaspoon lemon zest
    1 1⁄2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
    Salt and pepper

Combine zucchini, Parmesan, lemon juice, zest and oil in a mixing bowl. Gently toss, season with salt and pepper and serve.

Spaghetti Squash Salad ~

1 medium spaghetti squash
    4 green onions, thinly sliced
    1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
    1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
    1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Heat oven to 400 F. Prick squash in several places and bake 45 minutes until tender. Allow to cool slightly; cut in half, lengthwise, and scoop out seeds. Pull out squash strands from each side with a fork. Transfer to a bowl, let cool. Whisk together green onions, parsley, cilantro, olive oil, salt, and pepper. Pour over squash, toss until well combined. Refrigerate 2 hours for flavors to blend.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    Bump! I am just starting low carb tomorrow!
  • Steph_Marie29
    Options
    I have a ton of low carb recipes if you want them. PM me.