What do you think? - beverage/water related

Options
Do you count zero calorie, zero sodium drinks as part of your daily water intake?

Inquiring minds would like to know. ;)

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Are you talking about things like coffee and tea? I usually don't count anything that is considered a diuretic because it seems counterproductive to hydrating yourself with extra water. Of course, I usually only drink coffee, unsweetened tea and water anyway. :bigsmile:
  • likes2bwet
    likes2bwet Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    My thought is no. Water is water. If you are willing to cheat there, you are not being honest with yourself. Water with a mix in.. I say yes...up to you to make the right choice. Good luck and always stay true... :smile:
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    i do if its sparkling water.... but i only really drink those with a meal. that's how i got off of soda!
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Unsweetened tea, yes, and things like Crystal Light water flavor packets and the like?
  • SabrinaJL
    SabrinaJL Posts: 1,579 Member
    Options
    I only count water as water.
  • wwright8835
    wwright8835 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I don't, I will just list it along with my meals like pepsi max or coke zero or no cal vitamin water. That way I can monitor how much soda im drinking too. Though I have been trying to limit myself on diet cola's. The only thing I add into my daily water is strictly water

4908134.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Davali
    Davali Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I've always understand fizzy drinks don't count towards water intake.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I think I'm going to stick with just water in the water intake part of my diary. Any other beverages I'll just put with the meals I drink them with or under "snacks".

Thanks for your opinions guys! :)
  • Vrooman
    Vrooman Posts: 4
    Options
    I have been trying to list other beverges seperately so that I can have a realistic look at what is going into my body. I need to watch the amount of artificial sweeteners I take in because I have found that they can increase my cravings for sweets. Also, with sodas the acids throw off your PH balance and the body will draw out calcium to compensate.

It may just depend on what things you are really trying to focus on at this time.
  • hofdog
    hofdog Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    If I am drinking decaf teas then i count it. I also count Crystal Light. As long as you don't have the caffeine in it then count it. Soda however does not count...all bad...lol.