Strength Training Calculator

Options
Why does it not show you the cals burned when you enter your strength training exercises?

Replies

• kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    You have to enter them under the cardio section as well to get a calorie burn
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    So then you will always have to double-enter your strength training?
  • fairyjester
    Options
    i did at first but then just went with entering the strenght training by time in the cardio.
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    So then you will always have to double-enter your strength training?
    Yes, I think they do it that way because everyone wants the calorie burn but alot of people like to track the specific reps and weights that they've used as well. You don't have to do both...if you just want to log the calorie burn, just enter the cardio portion.
  • maryloo2011
    maryloo2011 Posts: 446
    Options
    Ok, makes sense... thanks!
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    That's what I'm just asking? I input my work out today, and I think the numbers are totally off. It isn't separating the cardio from the weight work. Just doing it wrong? Ummmm, I think not. I just don't get it.,
  • Hikerakashiya
    Options
    Thanks! It makes sense. Though it is kind of a pain.
  • marspec1maven
    Options
    I thought that there was some sort of glitch in it too. Im afraid it doesn't make sense to me, even after the replied response. Having to find and enter the various food items in the daily diary for a person who works full time and does the housework, gets to the gym to work out etc...(you get my drift) is sometimes hard enough to keep up with. I actually think the program ought to do it for us. M1M
  • mazomama
    mazomama Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    the only time i enter cals burned from strength training is if its my whole work out. Like the p90x dvds that focus just on back, chest,arms....kwim? other wise if its just s few sets here or there at the gym when i'm done with spinning or elliptical i think that i'm not burning much so why try to figure out exactly what i burnt?
  • Hikerakashiya
    Options
    Actually you would be surprised on how much you burn while doing strength training. You burn more calories per minute doing strength training then cardio. You should record everything you do. It does add up. I do a 2 mile interval run (~30mins) on the track and then do free weights and some machines depending on if its an upper body day or a lower body day. Just the interval run alone burns around 200-300 calories depending on how fast you go. Then I burn another 400-500 doing free weights. You should record everything!