tea question

Options
Okay please don't laugh I know this is gonna sound beyond stupid but...
Can I count tea as water?
I mean it's water just with a tea bag in it...right?

Replies

• Amberkins23
    Amberkins23 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I hope so because I do ...
  • marspec1maven
    Options
    I count it that way. I was placing my massive quantity of green tea that I have always consumed (no additives of course) along with my meal entries and then it appeared as if I hadn't met my water quota. So I tally it up as water now. I just don't want to get into the habit of making adjustments because I don't trust myself to not begin pulling 'food stunts' also.
  • Nikstergirl
    Nikstergirl Posts: 1,549 Member
    Options
    I don't, but I think some do. Just make sure it's not caffeinated. If it is, then don't count it. Caffeine dehydrates you!

I do love my tea....
  • kao708
    kao708 Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I usually don't count anything that is considered a diuretic because it seems counterproductive to hydrating yourself with extra water. Of course, I usually only drink coffee, unsweetened tea and water anyway.
  • FruitLoop05317
    Options
    i dont count it as water, cause i add sugar too it...but i drink about two eight ounce cups of hot tea a day...and it helps me not to eat if i get hungry late at night. and i am still losing weight so i know it isnt hurting me any. hope that helps you a little bit.
  • alanmonks
    alanmonks Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    There is usually some calories attached to Tea because its got caffiene in it. Plus if your adding any kind of sweeteners or sugar, then obviusly adding sugar to your daily diet, and you would have milk on top that too.
  • wolfchild59
    wolfchild59 Posts: 2,608 Member
    Options
    If it's fresh brewed, decaf tea with absolutely nothing else added to it, you can probably get away with logging it as water.

I personally log mine (in the rare instances I make it) as tea because even though it's fresh brewed, decaf tea that I don't add anything too other than the ice to make it cold, it's actually got some potassium in it that I like to make sure gets counted.

I only log plain water in my water totals.