Yogurt

Options
Wondering if anyone can recommend an alternative for eating yogurt... I really hate the taste of yogurt. I love fruit in genera,l but hate the taste of yogurt....I have even tried adding granola to yogurt to compensate the taste...still no luck. Any great snack ideas like yogurt but not yogurt?

Replies

• marspec1maven
    Options
    Nope. Yogurt is yogurt. You don't have to eat it.
  • newrunner08
    Options
    What kind of yogurt are you trying..I hate the taste of real plain yogurt, but love yoplait light varieties..
  • patty6473
    patty6473 Posts: 24
    Options
    Jello makes a sugar free chocolate swirl called "Liv Activ" it has the same live cultures in it as yogurt to help with digestion. It is delicious!!
  • WarmDontBurn
    WarmDontBurn Posts: 1,253 Member
    Options
    Are you talking plain yogurt? I don't care for the regular stuff but LOVE the silhouette dessert yogurt. Maybe just try and find different flavours.

These are what I buy: http://www.yoplait.ca/source/en/dessert.aspx
    Raspberry Crumble is one of my favs
  • ashdlo
    ashdlo Posts: 6
    Options
    Sounds good! I'll have to try that. Thx
  • cat3nv
    cat3nv Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    Are you looking for an alternative for the probiotic benefits? If that is the case you can go to any natural food store and find live active cultures. What I take is a brand called NOW, Acidophilus and bifidus.

Good luck!
  • ashdlo
    ashdlo Posts: 6
    Options
    Yes I was looking more for the benefits of yogurt! Thank you!
  • bossmodehan
    bossmodehan Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    sometimes repeated tasting is all you need and you'll eventually grow to like it. taste is largely psychological and once you overcome these barriers your perception will change. this is very common in bitter/sour tasting foods - think of all the bitter/sour /strong flavours you hated when you were younger but are now more tolerant of.

I had loads of barrriers before I started to clean up my eating habits - loads of veg that i simply wouldn't allow myself to like, and like you, didn't like plain yoghurt so much (probably because I was so used to sugary fruity yoghurts) - but after repeated exposure and just telling myself to 'get over it', i have so many more food choices available to me.

I study psychology, and there is a lot of research to back this up.

Good luck :flowerforyou: '