My numbers are low...

Options
I feel like I have been doing everything right. But, When I weigh myself, the numbers aren't very good. I have only lost 1.4 pounds since I started MFP a month ago...Can anyone please tell me how I can get my numbers higher??? I want to see more then 1 pound lost next time I weigh myself.

Replies

• shelly650
    shelly650 Posts: 319
    Options
    It just takes time!! Everyone is different! In my first week i lost 5lbs, but i have had very low numbers since! Stick with it and it will all pay off!!
  • taso42_DELETED
    taso42_DELETED Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Log your food religiously and eat to your calorie target. You have a lot of blank days and the days that are not blank are quite low on calories. I think that's your answer right there.
  • Inpjs66
    Inpjs66 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    What is your calorie allotment per day? If you could open your diary, we may be able to help more.

Are you eating enough calories a day?
  • Stephiegirl324
    Options
    Log your food religiously and eat to your calorie target. You have a lot of blank days and the days that are not blank are quite low on calories. I think that's your answer right there.

well my computer has been broken, so i haven't been able to get on here and log everything.
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Looking back over what you have of a diary,(now known to be a computer problem via the OP)
    Low total calories ie under 1000 some days, you do need to fuel the body to lose weight, maybe not eat back your exercise calories but do eat a decent number so your body knows you're going to give it fuel it needs and it doesn't need to horde every calorie you consume!
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

well my computer has been broken, so i haven't been able to get on here and log everything.

Ok. When you've collected more data on here, we will be better able to make recommendations.
  • LizWolter
    LizWolter Posts: 10
    Options
    You have to be sure your eating at least 1200-1300 calories per day otherwise your body is going to go into starvation mode. I always try to make sure I eat at least 1500 every day. Best of Luck!

5563538.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Stephiegirl324
    Options
    Looking back over what you have of a diary, blank days fasting or just not tracked? Low total calories ie under 1000 some days, you do need to fuel the body to lose weight, maybe not eat back your exercise calories but do eat a decent number so your body knows you're going to give it fuel it needs and it doesn't need to horde every calorie you consume!

My computer has been broken =/ So I haven't been able to log for the last few days....
  • Stephiegirl324
    Options

Ok. When you've collected more data on here, we will be better able to make recommendations.

K. Well I have been on here for a month..So I do have plenty of data
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 MFP Moderator
    Options
    I was typing that post as you posted that you've been having computer problems so I'll go back and edit the post to reflect the additional info... happens in a forum sometimes ;)
  • taso42_DELETED
    Options

K. Well I have been on here for a month..So I do have plenty of data

Gotcha. I just flipped back many more days. Looks like you're leaving 500-800 calories on the table every day. Some days it's 800+ (which I'm hoping is just due to you not logging some stuff). I think you've fallen for the old under-eating trap. Eat more, weigh less.
  • nafisapreston
    nafisapreston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I understand your frustration. I can't explain it if it's been a month. I do know that I would work hard for a week, and the scale would not budge. Then, I would see the loss the next week. Similarly, I could eat awfully for a day or two, but it would take 3-4 days for the scale to notice the gain. Also, are you strength training? You could be losing fat and gaining muscle, so the scale doesn't seem to show a change. Have you measured your waist? See if your clothes fit better :-)
  • mexiana
    mexiana Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    You're definitely not eating enough. Also, try starting your morning with some protein and filling GOOD carbs. Oatmeal is excellent, or eggs. If I ate a fruit cup in the a.m. for breakfast I'd still be famished after finishing it. Don't know how close in time you're having the breakfast then the 'morning snack' maybe even just try reversing them.... and eat more! at LEAST 1200 calories a day NET (which is what you eat - what you exercise) Good luck!

I know it sounds weird, but your body needs it's fuel, eating more really will help you start to lose! Good luck!
  • cowlover22
    cowlover22 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    It also depends on how much you have to lose. And I dont care what anyone says..it is harder for (most) women to lose weight
  • nafisapreston
    nafisapreston Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Another thing you didn't mention was how much you need to lose. The closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is for the weight to come off. At least that's what I've heard. I'm 30 pounds away, and it seems slow. Of course, I falter on weekends and "that time."
  • Stephiegirl324
    Options
    Another thing you didn't mention was how much you need to lose. The closer you are to your goal weight, the harder it is for the weight to come off. At least that's what I've heard. I'm 30 pounds away, and it seems slow. Of course, I falter on weekends and "that time."

Well I'm 183 now and my goal is 130