jillian 30day kicked my but bad

Options
found out how far gone I have let my self go I knew it iwas bad but wow I tried to do the 30 day shred I am ashamed of myself I only made it 7 mins and thought omg I cant do this I made it 4 more mins then I had to quit but I will do it again monday to see if I can just make a lil longer

Replies

• TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    Gah! I ordered that DVD last nite! Now I'm scared :)
  • sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    the bad thing is my kids11 and 13 did it with me and thought it was fun and did not even sweat
  • snowsquall
    snowsquall Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    My daughter got this for my wife and its killed her twice, debating on whether or not i should give it a try in my workout as something different, im guessing guys can do this too.
  • fotofreak01
    fotofreak01 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I am waiting for my 4 pack of Jillian DVD's to arrive also. I'm terrified I won't be able to do more then 5 minutes at first but I am going to push myself until I can do a whole workout!! Don't be discouraged! 7 minutes is longer then what you were doing before right??:happy:
  • iamthepreston
    iamthepreston Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    My daughter got this for my wife and its killed her twice, debating on whether or not i should give it a try in my workout as something different, im guessing guys can do this too.

I am a guy and I do it. I try to do it 3 times a week in the mornings to get some cardio in. It is tough, but if you stick with it you will get there.
  • LynnBirchfield
    LynnBirchfield Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    Don't give up -- just keep adding minutes as you can. But, don't push yourself to the point that you don't want to do it. Good luck.
  • cmg4721
    cmg4721 Posts: 623 Member
    Options
    A couple of us on here are doing a 30-Day Shred Challenge. I just bought it and we just started the program on Thursday, so we are on day 4 now. It is so tough. The more days I do it the more I can get through it. Now on day 4 I can complete the full workout and only have to break during the push-ups. If you plan on continuing to follow the Shred, feel free to friend me and we can encourage each other to get through the workouts :) good luck!
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    DON'T GIVE UP! I am on day 5 of 30DS and although it is not easy, it is not impossible for ANYONE. If you feel like you are going to puke or fall over, give yourself a 30 second rest and then keep going. Even if during the entire workout you take 15 30 second rests, you are still better off. The more you do it, the less amount of rests you will have to take. For me personally, my problem is that I always feel like I am going to throw up, especially during the cardio portion. So, I do my 30DS workout right next to my bathroom and if I get the urge to puke, I go stand by the toilet until it passes and then I jog right on back to my laptop (I bought the DVD through itunes) and I keep going. Some days I have to go stand next to the toilet 3 or 4 times but guess what? There was not a single time so far that I puked and I finished every workout. Push yourself and you will get through it :)

"Unless you puke, faint or die, keep going!"- Jillian Michaels
  • NavyWifeag
    NavyWifeag Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    You can do 30 Day Shred. It's tough, but 20 mins goes by fast. Just make the goal to keep moving. On day two all the jumping around was killing me. I am at 256 and 5'10 so it was a lot of stress on my joints. If my joints began to hurt I would just jog in place or punch until I could jump again. Mind Over Matter! You will adapt and it will get easier I promise. Just promise yourself you will get through the whole DVD. If you do it once, you can do it again. Being out of shape hurts and there is no way around it. I wish it weren't so, but it is. Being in shape and enjoying yourself and fitness is so worth it.
  • sleight119
    Options
    I know the jumping and the running in place is the hardest for me
  • TeenaMarina
    TeenaMarina Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    You can do 30 Day Shred. It's tough, but 20 mins goes by fast. Just make the goal to keep moving. On day two all the jumping around was killing me. I am at 256 and 5'10 so it was a lot of stress on my joints. If my joints began to hurt I would just jog in place or punch until I could jump again. Mind Over Matter! You will adapt and it will get easier I promise. Just promise yourself you will get through the whole DVD. If you do it once, you can do it again. Being out of shape hurts and there is no way around it. I wish it weren't so, but it is. Being in shape and enjoying yourself and fitness is so worth it.

Oooh - now I'm excited AND scared!
  • youngtweezy
    youngtweezy Posts: 183
    Options
    It's tough, but just push through it and do more each time. It really does go by quickly after you get going. Good luck!
  • sms9497
    sms9497 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    You can do it!! I started doing it occasionally in March, but am targeting 3 days a week in April. It is tough, but I think really worthwhile. I am really careful not to get burned out on anything. Just move every day and don't get burned out or hurt doing a particular routine. Good luck! :smile:
  • darling_nickie
    darling_nickie Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    YOU CAN DO IT! Its tough but it really is mind over matter...I started this workout on the 1st of the Month...I was at about 220 lbs. I have done it faithfully every day sans two days that I had a cold...10 days on level 1...10 days on level 2...and as of April 1st I will have workout out 10 days on level 3. I weighed in this morning at 208.6 (logged it as 209). So 11 lbs down this month is worth it to me. You'll be happy you did it...push through...take breathers...but keep moving :) Best of luck! Add me as a friend if you'd like some encouragement!
  • mindy71183
    Options
    Tomorrow will be Day 7 of the 30DS for me. It is tough, but YOU can do it, just keep telling yourself it is only 20 minutes, before you know it you will be doing the abs on Circuit 3 and it will be over. I hate it, but I keep telling myself it will pay off in the end.
  • manda907
    manda907 Posts: 22
    Options
    I just finished my 1st day of this and OMG I haven't worked myself out that much since gym class in high school!! I literally felt like the next thing that would come up would be running lines across the floor :P I am definitely liking the feeling afterwards though and am exciting to do this. At 215lbs and hubby and I starting our 1200cal diet tomorrow morning, I think this will help be burn up my fat in a serious manner.
  • sleight119
    Options
    thanks for all the help I will do it again tomarrow
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better, my daughters 18yrs old 6'5 230 lb TOTALLY in shape, football player BF did level 2 with me one day! He was DRIPPING in sweat, in an airconditioned living room, and even he had to stop for a quick breather......................TWICE
  • feliciapeters
    Options
    I know the jumping and the running in place is the hardest for me

I cant jump either, the point is to stay moving, sometimes, instead of jumping jacks I "conga" around the house, waving my arms. LOL
  • sdb903
    sdb903 Posts: 85
    Options
    I just did this workout tonite level 1 day 1.....wow it was an awesome workout!!! I am just hoping I can get out of bed in the morning...lol!!!!