Lo Cal protein

Options
Hello all,

So now that I am working out again I have noticed I am more hungry and craving protein. The only downside is that the protein I am used to eating also has lots of calories. Any helpful tips or ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jen

Replies

• lnadeau66
    lnadeau66 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    Light fish (haddock, orange roughy, tilapia, also shrimp, scallops, chicken breast and in a pinch a pure protein bar. Good Luck!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    I love greek yogurt, the single serving has 10 grams of protein. Also silk milk light has also about the same. I use that sometimes to make a protein shake. Protein is great because it really fills you up and satisfies you. Also, unsalted almonds are great too. Good luck:)
  • thomaslh83
    thomaslh83 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I find that Greek Yogurt is generally pretty low calorie with lots of protein - I think most brands average around 130-150 calories. Muscle Milk is also a good thing to drink before workouts. There is a light version that is about 150 calories and has about 20g of protein.
  • jclji4
    jclji4 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    baked or grilled chicken breast, beans, eggs, baked tilapia......
  • holly0623
    holly0623 Posts: 66
    Options
    Chicken breast, tuna, tilapia alll are low in calories abut high in protein (:
  • captbaka
    captbaka Posts: 10
    Options
    Canned tuna, tilapia, chicken breast, and lean ground beef are great options.
    Also, non-fat plain Greek yogurt is roughly 120 calories with over 20 grams of protein.
    I also use protein powder. Cytosport Complete Cocoa Bean.
    One scoop is 90 calories and 16 grams of protein.

Good luck! :)
  • momto2girls
    Options
    Thank you everyone so very much for your rapid responses and ideas! I have tried greek yogurt in the past and haven't liked it but maybe in a smoothie or just another brand would taste better to me. I will keep searching but again, THANK YOU so very much.
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    You cant leave out the super food....egg whites, only 17 cals and 6 g if protein each!! I have 5 egg whites (85 cals) with a whole wheat tortilla (la tortilla factory ) 80 cals 12g if fiber. When I'm craving white tortilla I go for romero casera flour for only 97 cals. Approx 30 g of protein & 160 cals, any more protein than that in one meal is a waste. Research it, don't do more that 30g per sitting:- )
  • B2BB
    B2BB Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Don't drink any protein shake, research them on consumer reports website. There are 15 protein shakes on the market that contain lead, arsenic, ect. Or check out my page for the link on Facebook > burns2bbeautiful
  • Madmumlee
    Madmumlee Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I love Greek yoghurt in a smoothie!
  • kylakesgal
    kylakesgal Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    Well just plain greek yogurt tastes too much like sour cream....get the kind with strawberries or blueberries in it or add honey to it. It's so much better for you than regular yogurt and the protein is awesome:)
  • ambie35
    ambie35 Posts: 853 Member
    Options
    Well just plain greek yogurt tastes too much like sour cream....get the kind with strawberries or blueberries in it or add honey to it. It's so much better for you than regular yogurt and the protein is awesome:)

adding things like half a tablespoon on honey,or some cinnamon give it a better flavour,thats what I do