PMS - female question

Options
Right, so I've lost 19 pounds and now seem to have heavier more painful periods, can this actually happen?
Seems a little unfair that I've lost weight, and therefore gotta suffer the horrible back and belly ache together with heavier periods every month.

Or is it just that, I didn't notice the pain so much as it was masked by my eccess weight?

Replies

• Jackie_W
    Jackie_W Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    Right, so I've lost 19 pounds and now seem to have heavier more painful periods, can this actually happen?
    Seems a little unfair that I've lost weight, and therefore gotta suffer the horrible back and belly ache together with heavier periods every month.

Or is it just that, I didn't notice the pain so much as it was masked by my eccess weight?
  • Losing_It
    Losing_It Posts: 3,271 Member
    Options
    I have the same problem, Cyber....mine are A LOT worse than before!:grumble:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Mine are alot more difficult but I have contributed that to my age and how close I am to the "change" The flow is ridiculous and the back pain is wicked. Doc just said to drink more and eat melon and other natural dieuretics for 5 days before it is to strike and take normal pain relievers.

The joys of being a woman!

Heather
  • OomarianneoO
    OomarianneoO Posts: 689 Member
    Options
    Hmmm... Mine are stronger too. Hadn't really stopped to think about it until just now. At least this month I wasn't hit the the urgency to eat everything in the house...or at least not yet. I'm not sure that it has anything to do with our changed eating or exercise habits though. I'm thinkin' mine is just stress and age.
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Maybe it is the start of the change - core I wish!
    I'm 35 - so it is possible, my mum went through the change at 36-37 so quite possibly - gee, just think, no more monthly torture :laugh:
  • Benson
    Benson Posts: 444
    Options
    Or you could be like me - still going "strong" at almost 51!!!
  • Jackie_W
    Options
    Or you could be like me - still going "strong" at almost 51!!!

Thanks for that :noway: PMSL
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm actually shocked to read that you all are having heavier periods...mine have become much lighter than they ever were. I do notice that I have a bit more cramping then I did before, though.
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options

Estrogen levels are quite high with most overweight woman....when the weight is dropped it can change our bodies dramatically.. That's the reason a number of overweight woman have to lose weight first to get pregnant...to much estrogen andn not enough progestrone