JM 30 day shred

Options
leomom72
leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
does it really work ? i saw it at the store for $10, but i'm not sure i want to buy it yet..it says on the front, lose 20 lbs in 30 days..any truth to it? i already have my wii workouts, plus my JM dumbbell set, with dvd, and i haven't used it too much, but i want more anyways..i just want to know of any success with the 30 day shred..thanks :)

Replies

• sleight119
    sleight119 Posts: 125
    Options
    just started its hard
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    30 DS is awesome. I haven't used it consistently enough yet to see a big difference in the scale but a lot of people on here LOVE 30DS and have had awesome results!
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    I'm doing it now and I lost an inch in my arms, waist and thighs in 6 days. I've read a lot of reviews that said thy didn't really lose weight but they lost inches. If you do the DVD make sure to measure yourself.
  • Omari713
    Omari713 Posts: 4
    Options
    I own this DVD and I have to say I have never made it the whole 30 days so it's not JM's fault. It is a very hard workout and if you are just getting back into working out it may take you a couple of times before you make it through the whole workout. I made it to the second work out and it was very difficult. But it can be done! I did become stronger and more fit in the amount of time I did use it.

One last thing...
    Always watch for workouts that promise a certain weight lose in a certain amount of time. 2 lbs a week is a healthy amount of weight to lose a week and losing weight in a healthy way will ensure that it stays off.
    Good Luck and God Bless.
  • purpleposies
    purpleposies Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the 30DS. I feel it's such a good work out. Of course, you have to take into account that I weigh 300 lb. The first week I did it I lost 5 lb and lost 2" everywhere on my body. But again, I weigh 300 lb, my results are going to be vastly different than someone smaller.

But I definitely recommend it!

ETA: after about a week-ish, I also no longer felt winded going up the stairs. That made me very happy.
  • DarthBubbles
    Options
    It's lose "up to" 20 pounds in 30 days. Chances are you won't lose that much, but I can tell you that you will lose inches and gain muscle...and it will kick your butt.
    I recommend it, I'm about to start level 2 today :)
  • shannonshock13
    shannonshock13 Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    I have noticed my body looks more toned :) I have been doing it again for the last week to get ready to challenge myself of doing it everyday starting April 1st.
  • nikki_g
    nikki_g Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Personally I think a promise of losing 20 pounds in 30 days is pretty far fetched. I'm working through 30 DS right now (though I haven't been doing it every day for 30 days like you're supposed to) and I can tell you it's a good workout that isn't time consuming. I would recommend it, but don't expect to lose big just from doing it for 30 days.
  • mamato3babes
    Options
    Im sarting this on Monday and Im super psyched!
  • ahkunkel
    ahkunkel Posts: 68
    Options
    I actually think it says, "Lose UP TO 20 pounds in 30 days" and I'm only saying that because I don't want you to think that if you do it for 30 days that you are going to lose at least 20 pounds. Some people that do it lose that much, but not everyone does. Is it a great workout? ABSOLUTELY. I'm on day 5 and I love it. It is extremely difficult but it makes you work for every pound that you are going to lose. But there is no way that I am expecting to lose 20 pounds with it just because it says so on the cover. I would encourage you to try it, but do it knowing that no number is guaranteed.
  • JMMartin1182
    Options
    I have the 30DS and have used it. It is a great exercise routine, especially for those that don't have time to go to the gym for hours or have kids that need tending too. I was so sore the next day that sitting down on the toilet was a chore. My legs were on fire for 3 days. I kinda got scared after that LOL. I am going to try it again tomorrow, maybe actually stick to it. Good luck =)
  • leomom72
    leomom72 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone..i guess i should have specified, i don't want to lose 20 lbs in 30 days (would be really nice) but i don't think a body can take that :) mainly just to see if there was success for anyone..sounds like a few, but now am afraid to try if it hurts so bad..LoL..of course, thru wii workouts, i have become more flexible, and stuff
  • Taras630
    Taras630 Posts: 85
    Options
    thanks everyone..i guess i should have specified, i don't want to lose 20 lbs in 30 days (would be really nice) but i don't think a body can take that :) mainly just to see if there was success for anyone..sounds like a few, but now am afraid to try if it hurts so bad..LoL..of course, thru wii workouts, i have become more flexible, and stuff

You should try it. It's hard at first but in a couple of days your body adjusts. It's amazing to see how strong your body gets! I had to take so many breaks my first day but I did level 2 for the first time today. Loved it so much I did it twice!
  • deannar417
    deannar417 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    you can go to Amazon.com and buy level 1 for $1.99 to make sure you like it. Then if you do you can buy the 2nd level for 1.99 and the 3rd. Hope that helps you before you waste your 10.00